Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

amex! out of town?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Outskirts of town for me. It's not in town is it?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Those people who think it's not in Brighton - where do you think it is? It most definitely was in Brighton last I looked. Brighton isn't just Hanover, North Laine and The Lanes you know

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Those people who think it's not in Brighton - where do you think it is? It most definitely was in Brighton last I looked. Brighton isn't just Hanover, North Laine and The Lanes you know

10 mins from my house :) Sorted!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
how about Falmer?

Hmmm .... that would be the stadium that's about 200 m south of the Falmer sign.

When I attended the welcome to the Amex sessions before buying my season ticket, the club staff pointedly said the stadium wasn't in Falmer

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Hmmm .... that would be the stadium that's about 200 m south of the Falmer sign.

When I attended the welcome to the Amex sessions before buying my season ticket, the club staff pointedly said the stadium wasn't in Falmer

Where did they say it was then Max?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Where did they say it was then Max?

That was a bit of an exaggeration. I happened to call it the Falmer Stadium in a conversation and the Albion bod said "We're not calling it that". That could have been a reference to the Amex sponsorship rather than the geographic location - although it's clearly not in Falmer.

I've long thought that if we'd called the whole project, the Moulsecoomb stadium (which is more accurate), we wouldn't have had a load of the hassle we got

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously it's not in the city centre. It is "out of town".

I certainly don't have a problem with that. Does anyone else?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Moved to Coldean just after the war finished 1946...went to Stanmer Park School in 1950...yet used to walk to Elm Grove to go to Sea Cadets...it's Brighton for me...

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Rottingdean is part of the City, so is it in or out of town?

Dec 29, 2011

Being 'out of town' and being in Brighton aren't mutually exclusive, it can be both.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Being 'out of town' and being in Brighton aren't mutually exclusive, it can be both.

Oi-we'll have none of this sensible input if you don't mind!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I can see it from my house (if I stand on the roof) and it's only 20 minutes walk into town (Vogue Gyratory). It's in Brighton.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Long before the glorious Amex was built, I always considered Falmer to be the edge of Brighton - the last frontier, if you will. Train takes minutes, dual carriageway links it nicely. Good enough for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here