Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex or Falmer?

Amex v Falmer

• Total voters

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Probably a thread or 2 on this already, but I have noticed that a good few of you are calling your new stadium the Amex. I know that it will be the official name, but how will you feel if and when the sponsor changes?

What do you want it to be reffered to? I will always think of it as Falmer, but my preference doesn't matter to be honest.

I will put up a poll to see what you think.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
It will always be Falmer to me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Prefer Falmer but can live with the Amex however the Amex Arena would be better

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As Amex want to put a lot of cash in then they're welcome to call it 'The Amex'. I prefer Amex as the word 'Falmer' still reminds me of the handful of petty minded nobs who wasted so much of our time and money trying to stop the construction.

Anyway Al, should I start a poll for 'Selhurst or Sainsbury's Car Park' for you ?

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
As Amex want to put a lot of cash in then they're welcome to call it 'The Amex'. I prefer Amex as the word 'Falmer' still reminds me of the handful of petty minded nobs who wasted so much of our time and money trying to stop the construction.

Anyway Al, should I start a poll for 'Selhurst or Sainsbury's Car Park' for you ?
If you want mate, but it will ALWAYS be Selhurst :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Amex.

As Frank said, the word "Falmer" just carries too many connotations of nimbys, delays, lies, frustration, anger. We should already have been playing there for the last 2-3 years at least, if it wasn't for those SHYSTERS.

Nope, The Amex is cool, snappy and modern-sounding. I've been calling it the Amex pretty much since the sponsorship was announced.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm in the Amex camp. The people of Falmer didn't want the stadium built there and that name has some baggage. The Amex, on the other hand, will be memorable for all football fans, the company have put their money where their mouth and I hope it will be a long and fruitful relationship with them. As an example, Bolton and "The Reebok" seem to have done alright together.

Dec 24, 2010
Definitely Amex. Naming it after the place it's located in just sounds weird now. Nobody called the Goldstone "Hove".

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Falmer - as I'm deliberately 'off message'. Oh, aren't I the rebel...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here