Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex from the inside

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Cheers Duncan. Any juicy info you learned on your tour that you can share with us ?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Can someone please remind me what we can expect from phase 3 of expansion?

1901 'wrap' arounds, North corners and a Sky Studio which is now if what I was told correct due to be in the North Stand.

NW corner will be done this Jan.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
A Sky Studio in the North Stand???

I also thought it was planned for the South stand and would be a box when they don't use it but when we were in talks with the club about the Stand or Fall banner the reason it had to be shorter is they mentioned something about a Sky studio IIRC.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I also thought it was planned for the South stand and would be a box when they don't use it but when we were in talks with the club about the Stand or Fall banner the reason it had to be shorter is they mentioned something about a Sky studio IIRC.

Righto! Cheers Drumstick

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I think the sky studio is going in at the moment with the south stand works.

That was the original plan I understood too as part of the hospitality boxes.

Something was certainly mentioned though, I'm no liar.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
maybe sticking sky in the north frees up a couple more executive boxes in the south for extra income. Could be built into the extra office space that has been created in the North roof space that has been built this summer. kind of makes sense to do this.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
maybe sticking sky in the north frees up a couple more executive boxes in the south for extra income. Could be built into the extra office space that has been created in the North roof space that has been built this summer. kind of makes sense to do this.

Would it require a change of planning permission? I'm guessing probably not, for a small detail like that.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Great pics, thx

Probably been asked before but the more I see this work the more I wonder why didn't they do it at the outset and leave it empty? The incremental cost of doing it now must be several £M and the only risk of doing it all in one go would have been not getting planning, which I wouldn't have thought likely.

Also thought the same about M25 btw!!

I guess when we were league 1 and our max home attendance was around 8k maybe the board never thought for a minute things would get so BIG with the Albion so quickly. I never did!

Last edited:

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
If they had put in all the other seats at the time of building the stadium they would have been in breach of the planning permission which could have resulted in the safety certificate being refused, the club being forced to remove the extra seats and potentially pissing off the planners so much that they would have made a further application for the extra seats very difficult.

As it stands they built the stadium to accommodate the extra seats at as little disruption as possible.

I'm not sure about what is going on with the external wall to the South stand though but I guess it must be revenue producing!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Sky studio? As in SKY TV? Can someone explain please?

A place for the TV presenters to go when we're live on BBC/SKY/ESPN. Like you see at other grounds when they're on TV and you can see the ground behind them.

I imagine this would make things easier for the TV companies if all the caballing needed to film the game etc is already in place, brackets for the lights and so on. Will possibly make us a more attractive club to cover live which is good for us as more money and exposure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here