Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX Familiarisation visit last night - I'm Totally Gutted

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Booked my place last week for the familiarisation visit to the West Stand Upper last night which was all duly confirmed, couldn't wait to have the chance to sit in my seat for my own personal reflections.

Just my luck but due to health reasons I'm dealing with, of which some on this board are aware of, I started bleeding on Friday which by Sunday night became quite serious and resulted in having to go to hospital.

Turns out by the time I got to The RSCH at about 6.00pm, they identified that I'd lost just over 3 and a half units of blood and had to undergo another blood transfusion. I was pushing like mad with my medics to let me go last night, as I thought I could arrange for my wife or sister to drive me there and back but was greeted by a firm "no" from all parties.

Now I've just arrived home this evening and whats there is non other than my ticket for last night. Haven't had time to look through other threads yet, but how did it go ?, is the stadium as good inside as it looks outside ?. And the pies, do they come up to scratch ??

Thanks for listening, I did note one post regarding the NHS....They certainly are worth their weight in gold and we should all be proud of each and everyone of the medics, nurses, doctors, the list is endless......

Jimbo GRFC

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
It was gobsmackingly amazing

In fact the only thing that could top it would be when it's full, so savour the moment when you find your seat for the donny match because it will be one hell of an event

Best of luck with your health issues

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Sorry you didn't get to go Jimbo - neither did I, but I'm not sat in WSU or N, so I don't get a chance to go.

It'll only be a short while before you (and I) can experience the Amex - not long to go now.

Totally agree about the staff at the sharp end of the NHS.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
That is sad Jimbo, hopefully you are feeling better mate. I too would contact the club and explain the circumstances, I am sure they would try and help.

Jesus, you're really not having a good time are you.

I will personally carry you up the 5 flights if needed, but not the first game as some of us have weddings to attend.

And i agree with everything you say about the NHS, they saved my daughters life 5 years ago.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Jimbo it's amazing mate. Hope you are on the mend fella. In the mean time a couple of pics from row O in block C

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310492967.500361.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310493014.026416.jpg

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Jesus, you're really not having a good time are you.

I will personally carry you up the 5 flights if needed, but not the first game as some of us have weddings to attend.

And i agree with everything you say about the NHS, they saved my daughters life 5 years ago.

Hillian, your comment made me laugh ! As the father (funder) of the bride, could you not do a sneaky and ask Sussex Police to call and inform her that due to manpower/safety issues, she has to change her fixture date. She'll never know and I'm sure we'll stay quiet on here LOL.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Lifes a bitch sometimes innit?
Ive always wanted to see Niel Young, and The Pixies,
then to my amazement they were both on the same Bill at Isle of Wight 2009,
then i read the date..................
you know the rest ..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here