Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex expansion.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What are the boxes either end of the east upper? They seem to take up a large area, perhaps something to do with the disabled area.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Can't see it on w/e 21st Feb either

There is an application concerning the club a couple of weeks before though. No mention of additional seats just the club shop and different changes.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Won’t be viewable in the BHCC website until it’s checked and registered.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
That initial check is normally pretty quick isn’t it?

It varies- e.g. the Council can go back and ask for more information, which could take time to prepare and submit.

A couple of weeks isn’t unusual.

I’m surprised the club hasn’t issued a detailed press release explaining what is proposed. It seems a bit tin pot / amateur to just wait for it to appear on the BHCC website and leave the press to form their own narrative based on the documents submitted.

I would have thought they should be taking control of that side of things now and garnering support from the people who matter

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
It varies- e.g. the Council can go back and ask for more information, which could take time to prepare and submit.

A couple of weeks isn’t unusual.

I’m surprised the club hasn’t issued a detailed press release explaining what is proposed. It seems a bit tin pot / amateur to just wait for it to appear on the BHCC website and leave the press to form their own narrative based on the documents submitted.

I would have thought they should be taking control of that side of things now and garnering support from the people who matter

Hopefully the club will release a statement once the planning application has been validated. Major works can take 10 working days for validation.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It's great to have dicks bar but it feels more like a canteen than a pub and doesn't make me get to ground earlier and probably wouldnt attract students or non football fans outside of match days
Have you been in this season? Has been refurbed as a step in the right direction... still needs to move further away from staff canteen though.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Very exciting news this. If it is possible then the back of a deck of cards finances seem to add up. 2K more seats could soon be c. £2m on annual turnover. Presumably can think of at least 25 year period so c. £50m added...?

Hopefully will be at least a few hundred new seats/standing spaces in the NS for a large “Albion away fans at home” block...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Very exciting news this. If it is possible then the back of a deck of cards finances seem to add up. 2K more seats could soon be c. £2m on annual turnover. Presumably can think of at least 25 year period so c. £50m added...?

Hopefully will be at least a few hundred new seats/standing spaces in the NS for a large “Albion away fans at home” block...

Now I am confused.. I thought the away fans were all too old to sing and more likely to visit a cathedral than a pub before the game??

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's great to have dicks bar but it feels more like a canteen than a pub and doesn't make me get to ground earlier and probably wouldnt attract students or non football fans outside of match days

I take your point that Dick's Bar feels more like a canteen, particularly following the refurbishment which replaced soft sound deadening furniture with wood. I occasionally pop in on non match days for a wander round the shop and a snack. But for balance, I value Dick's as a place to sit for a couple of hours pre-match in tandem with Park and Ride. So it does make me get to the ground earlier, but only because it has limited seating otherwise I could arrive later.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

Is it really going to be 2000 extra seats or is it actually more like 1250 which would bring the capacity to 32,000?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006

I am wondering if the new planning application for a new club shop is separate from the main ground...is this an additional shop or a replacement to the superstore shop? Replacing the shop would certainly release a lot of space for a bar or corporate boxes. Speculation of course because I would imagine the addition shop would be no more than a kiosk selling clackers:ohmy:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Is it really going to be 2000 extra seats or is it actually more like 1250 which would bring the capacity to 32,000?

Probably worded for 2k but more likely only enough space for 1250. Just a number they can reasonably achieve as maximum.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Now I am confused.. I thought the away fans were all too old to sing and more likely to visit a cathedral than a pub before the game??
Is that post your tribute to BG...? [emoji846]

p.s. I didn’t post on the other thread but the Albion fans at Sheffield were macknificent on Saturday... really good to go to a place like that, comprehensively outsing the home support and provide such positive backing for the Albion players (each and every man Jack of them...).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here