Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Catering reached a shocking unacceptable low yesterday-Club please read

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
MOST caterers probably make the judgement that selling out of food and drink is a sign of a profitable, successful business.

That is a pathetic response! Anyone that has a business that makes the same errors time and time again that does not listen to it's customers that bother to give their "constructive critisism" to help improve a business that they care deeply about needs their heads tested! I asked for a pint of Harveys at 2.40 and was told they had sold out! If you think that's acceptable then I'm glad you are not running our catering.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
That is a pathetic response! Anyone that has a business that makes the same errors time and time again that does not listen to it's customers that bother to give their "constructive critisism" to help improve a business that they care deeply about needs their heads tested! I asked for a pint of Harveys at 2.40 and was told they had sold out! If you think that's acceptable then I'm glad you are not running our catering.

If you read the rest of it I think you'll find that Lord B is not defending them but saying they are putting a perceived level of satisfactory profit over customer service which in turn causes lost further profit.

Corporate catering is a totally different operation to kiosk catering. And in the BUPA lounge, it was very good for the u.18 game.

But thousands of people who all arrive around the same time all wanting the same thing will always present supply issues for caterers (and I have done just this type of work at Gatwick Airoport so I know what I am talking about!!)

and , yes, sometimes you will just run out of stuff. Pies are , unfortunately a finite commodity.

Its all about managment,THESE PEOPLE HAVE MANY STADIA CONTRACTS SO WHY SHOULD THEY STILL BE LEARNING?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't think there would be a problem finding staff in these times. I would not consider it desperate and would do it myself as I am looking for some part time work. I worked on the tills at Tesco's Last Xmas and let me tell you, that was hell.

But with stuff like Tescos you are guaranteed regular hours. If you're looking for part time work at the weekends, for me the Amex would be bottom of the list because it's not regular enough. I guess this would suit some people, but most would be looking for something like proper bar work, shelf stacking etc... where you will be needed on a weekly basis

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
I don't know if any one noticed but in the West Lower on the opposite side to the catering areas there were a run the entire length of the concours a new ventilation or extraction system. May be they are getting ready to build catering counters on this side as well?

If you read the rest of it I think you'll find that Lord B is not defending them but saying they are putting a perceived level of satisfactory profit over customer service which in turn causes lost further profit.

Correct, ROSM.

As I said earlier, I couldn't get a pint of Harvey's in Dick's at 2.30pm either. And I wasn't happy that there seemed to be no-one around who was trying to resolve the problem.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
WSU - Went for a beer and pie at halftime for the first time in a few games (actually in halftime, as opposed to a couple of minutes before) thought it was much quicker to get served than the last time I went. Customer experience may vary I suppose.

Also the blond girl who served us was very bright and bubbly and hoped we'd enjoy the second half, will now stalk her at every home game to get her to say those magic words again :)

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But with stuff like Tescos you are guaranteed regular hours. If you're looking for part time work at the weekends, for me the Amex would be bottom of the list because it's not regular enough. I guess this would suit some people, but most would be looking for something like proper bar work, shelf stacking etc... where you will be needed on a weekly basis

It was a temporary job , 44 hours over 3 weeks over Xmas and the New Year at £ 5 per hour net.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Currently catching up with podcasts. Derek Chapman on The Albion Roar literally just said...

"Although it's a catering company, they're badged as Brighton & Hove Albion. They represent us. When people moan, it hurts us and it hurts everybody."

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Currently catching up with podcasts. Derek Chapman on The Albion Roar literally just said...

"Although it's a catering company, they're badged as Brighton & Hove Albion. They represent us. When people moan, it hurts us and it hurts everybody."

Its being looked into then, I hope.

Kim Jung Nige

Jan 3, 2012
Catering at the Kim Jung Nige Dome is fantastic, when you approach kiosk petals are scattered at your feet. There is limitless choice of food, so long as it is rice, and I am the only FOUR star Michelin chef (self taught of couse) who make the angels cry with quality of my cuisine.

I also have microbrewery in my spare room that produce best beer in planet, and barmaids all have great racks and like sexist banter, I win, you lose.

DanielT

I agree entirely. As a family of 4 we made a conscious decision not to try and get food at the ground yesterday and eat before we went to the match. Its just been way to disorganised in recent matches to take the risk. So I know its not much but that's 4 pies/burgers that the caterers have missed out on. Okay its only £14 they lose which is less than one match ticket so perhaps not the highest priority in the world given the focus on extra seats.

It's not just £14 is it. It's my pie and a pepsi too, so another £5 per game.

At half-time in WSU F block, I have to decide on using the toilet or queuing for a pie. At least with the toilet, I know I shall walk away happy!

Then I bought from the station burger van after the match

DanielT

We're in H block WSU and have not noticed any improvement in the catering service. Arrived on the concourse at 14:25 yesterday to be faced with queues about 15 deep at each service point. Took nearly 20 mins to get served, no Balti or Veg pies and took about 4 mins to get a pint of Harveys. And the WSU toilets are a nightmare, why the hell they don't they introduce an IN/OUT system.

i posted just before reading this, glad it's not just me!! I haven't found it possible to do both queues without missing some of the game. Considering I am there for the game, I am not willing to sneak out before half time or miss the opening minutes of 2nd half. Loads in my row missed the Lambert dive yesterday because of queuing

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Don't tend to experience queues, but every single time seem to have experienced a muppet member of staff who doesn't understand simple things like which pie / drink I want and often tell you wrong price still when clearly visible and involves no adding up.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Not moaning but still room for improment, last two games arrived just after two, buying for 5 annd 3 people, no pies 1st atempt 2 second , no Harveys both times.

Reading and Coventry away no problems getting served, I am sure the club are working on it, still...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Chip Basket in Hove had sold out of medium cod two nights ago and it was only 7pm. This AMEX catering nightmare is spreading.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I got served with a pint of kronenbourg and a Balti pie inside of 10 mins about half hour before kick off in the East stand. Also met Mickey Thomas who was here in advance of the Wrexham game doing some piece to camera. Then came the subsequent game and result. As this will be my only league game of the season I don't think I could have wished for a better AMEX experience.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i posted just before reading this, glad it's not just me!! I haven't found it possible to do both queues without missing some of the game. Considering I am there for the game, I am not willing to sneak out before half time or miss the opening minutes of 2nd half. Loads in my row missed the Lambert dive yesterday because of queuing

I agree with what you write. I do find it interesting that for some a half-time pint is paramount and of higher priority than the primary reason they are at the ground. Screwed logic.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Me and my friend started queueing at 2.25 pm and got a pint of Fosters, Harvey's had sold out and a cold Christmas pie as all the other pies had sold out at 2.50 pm and necked it just in time for kick off. We don't even bother trying at half time.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
It seems fine in WSU, a queue of maybe 15 people takes less than 10 minutes to get to the front of.
Although one problem that does need adressing is the correct labelling of food.

4 times I have asked for a pie (be it Chicken & Ham or Balti) and been given the wrong pie. Thrice the Steak pie and once the Veggie pie. Also, I got given a chicken burger one time, and I think I speak fairly clearly so that wasn't an issue.
I took the burger back, but I would've complained about the pies if they weren't all so nice.
Well done Piglet's Pantry.
f***ing sort it out Azure.

Most of the pie boxes don't even have a tick or a dot in the little boxes that are meant to show what's in there, too time consuming?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here