Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex - Can we take DSLR cameras in?

profey

Jul 20, 2011
Was just curious - some venues and stadia have rules against taking certain photographic equipment in, any one know the deal with the Amex?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Im sure it was posted by insider a few weeks ago that you would be allowed to take cameras in to take pics of the stadium etc but that they didn't want you taking pics of the action

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Im sure it was posted by insider a few weeks ago that you would be allowed to take cameras in to take pics of the stadium etc but that they didn't want you taking pics of the action

correctomundo

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
As above, you just can't take pictures of the match, but pictures of the stadium etc should be fine. You should even be ok (I think) taking photos of the players during warm-up etc.

I guess common sense will prevail in terms of lenses etc - if you can fit your camera in your bag as you go through the turnstile, you'll be fine - if you need to carry it in using two hands you're probably going too far...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So what do you think ? Going too far, ya or nay?

big-camera-lens.jpg

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Interesting - I was planning on taking mine with a 55/300 lens, never occurred to me it might not be possible. If they don't allow me in I'm hardly going to leave it anywhere. Do they check all bags?

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Have bought a Digital Compact for the Job (Lumix TZ20) after a conversation with the club I was guarenteed a photo pass if I want one but decided time has moved on and I wanted to start taking pictures from the crowd again and watching the game.

Trying to stop people taking pictures is an impossible task many mobiles these days have a better camera on them than my first DSLR (well it was a long time ago) the compact I have just bought has a better sesitivity than my 7 or so year old DSLRs just ot the ability to put a big lens on it.

Better to go with it than try and fight it becasue they will lose just like the music industry lost the piracy fight.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Interesting - I was planning on taking mine with a 55/300 lens, never occurred to me it might not be possible. If they don't allow me in I'm hardly going to leave it anywhere. Do they check all bags?

They can remove it from you and you have to claim it back after the game

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
They can remove it from you and you have to claim it back after the game

OK, gotcha .. so for the better informed is it likely they will remove it? In the absence of any definition of what is allowed and what isn't it would seem pretty harsh to confiscate

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Was another reply on atc couple of days ago to nmh
It says
1. Basic cameras are fine, pro equipment requires licence and accreditation.
2. Please submit these via customer services, but it's unlikely to happen if it's left until matchday.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Grub was asked to put a shorter lens on when she was taking photos at Huddersfield a few years back.

It seems the sensible rule is that as long as you're not getting "professional quality" photos of the action, you should be ok.

I'm planning on taking mine in - with a shortish lens.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Was another reply on atc couple of days ago to nmh
It says
1. Basic cameras are fine, pro equipment requires licence and accreditation.
2. Please submit these via customer services, but it's unlikely to happen if it's left until matchday.

Perfect ... cheers, will do that

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Plan on taking mine with the short lens. Too much of a unique event not to want to take pictures!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
What about these compact palm-sized memory card video recorders? If anyone can overcome the usual DT's effect, we could have some lovely YouTube footage ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here