Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex BATWATCH

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did anyone else notice the BATS last night, fluttering around the floodlights in the WSU ? :clap2:

Some of the flitty fluttery things may well have been moths, but some of them were definitely WAY too big for that. They kept catching my eye, every now and then a big-bodied furry fecker would flap into view and then disappear amongst the rafters. Bloody brilliant.

Its official. We have to accept that there is an increased risk of stadium/bat collision.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Bit short notice but there's a batwatch" tour in preston park and rock garden tonight. Don't have any other details but there's a notice in the notice board by Andy Rollings cafe in the middle of the park.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They might have just been giant killer moths (Giganticus Yeovillus)

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
It doesn't help when they screw around. I saw this coming from the stadium two night ago.

laser-batman-light.jpg

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
were they as big as the infamous huish park bat from 2006 though?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I saw 11 black cats on the grass. They didn't impress anyone

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Doubt very much you saw a bat. They fly away from light not towards it......................Large moths on the other hand......

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I specifically looked for bats but saw none. There were loads of large moths though, I think you're confused!

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Doubt very much you saw a bat. They fly away from light not towards it......................Large moths on the other hand......
if moths like the light so much, how come you never see em during the day ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Thought that said 'AMEX Baywatch'! Was wondering which fit bird I'd like to see running across the hallowed turf in a slinky red swimsuit.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Oh I say! Charming Flitterymouse-type-scenes. :clap2:

I can't say I was keeping an eye out for the lil' funsters tbh, but it sounds like they were putting on a smashin' display for all you stripey eves-dwellers.

Maybe Uncle Tone could pop a belfry up for them on top of the roof? It'd certainly provide those cheery architectural critics with a new talking point: not to mention sticking a positive spin on any 'Batty Boy' nonsense from visiting knuckle-draggers. I think I'll check it out with Insider...

Seriously ... Falmer has always been a brilliant site for bat-watchers. The bats I've seen were mainly on the Lewes side of the village, up by the old barn. I'd love to see them migrate in numbers to the stadium. They are great creatures to watch.

And they rarely collide with vehicles - although I was once hit full in the face by one (inside a cave).

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
And they rarely collide with vehicles - although I was once hit full in the face by one (inside a cave).

Bleedin heck! that sounds a bit scary. Don't mind caves, don't mind bats but the two together adding a collision with my face might just send me home sulking to bed.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The bat/vehicle problem was blown all out of proportion - no way will cars caused a problem with their average speed of ½mph leaving the stadium

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For the next evening home game, just in case:

BAT
vampire_bat_death.jpg

MOTH
tumblr_l8g3pworZr1qbmu2yo1_500.jpg

PTERODACTYL
dino_011.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here