Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Atmosphere

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Amex atmosphere today was once again bloody brilliant...!

Despite one of the worst ninety minutes you could possibly imagine, there was a general buzz and plenty of loud chanting.

Forest had 2.4K fans, a roof and the best of the game. Usually a recipe for complete dominance of atmosphere by the away fans - but not at The Amex...! Their loudest chants we drowned out easily.

I just love it. If we could manage a few sustained attacks, and shots on goal, life would be complete.

:amex::albion2::amex::albion2::amex::albion2:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Really? I thought it was pretty average! Forest fans were the worst so far! Considering they had 2500 they were so quiet! They had 5 mins in first half and that was it!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It was absolutely rubbish in the first half. Seems to get worse.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
thought it was awesome

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Thought it was amazing from where I was standing (North stand center, Back row)

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
Thought it was library like for majority of match. Lua Lua woke up the majority though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would say that compared to the away experiences I've had we are one of the louder home supports.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Amex atmosphere today was once again bloody brilliant...!

Despite one of the worst ninety minutes you could possibly imagine, there was a general buzz and plenty of loud chanting.

Forest had 2.4K fans, a roof and the best of the game. Usually a recipe for complete dominance of atmosphere by the away fans - but not at The Amex...! Their loudest chants we drowned out easily.

I just love it. If we could manage a few sustained attacks, and shots on goal, life would be complete.

:amex::albion2::amex::albion2::amex::albion2:

Agreed getting back on track, after the post LFC-Leeds-CPFC downer.

We always go after about 90 minutes, as we have to make it home, but had a strange feeling not to give up & stayed, to see the CMS-Vincelot-Buckley shocker.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
People expect it to be like an away game and in truth home games never are, I agree with Giraffe and reckon we are one of the louder set of home fans.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Just love the place and can't wait for the next game. Atmosphere none too bad today, catering so much better too and I'm getting used to the after match pints then getting home on easy transport.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Alot of that is down to team selection as well. Alot of atmosphere is generated by edge of the seat players like Lua Lua, Buckley, CMS and Nooney. Get all of them on the pitch at the same time, from the start, then you will see proper atmosphere. We were so dull to watch first half, I had just worked 22 hrs straight and made me want to fall asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Best atmosphere for a while today thought the fairly loud Forest fans contributed to that and WSU got going a fair bit too :)

Still not quite sure how we won it though - superb!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nonsense. These halcyon days when Brighton used to have a great atmosphere at the Goldstone is a myth. The atmosphere at Amex is every bit as good and more often than not better than I can ever remember.

You got it. This is best since the Mullery days, and it's such a long time ago, it's hard to compare.

Light years better than Withdean, and for a southern club, I think we do brilliantly for atmosphere. (Places like Reading and Southampton always seem so dire for general noise and passion).

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Who's home support has been better than ours? Millwall, Southampton, Pompey, Leicester, Bristol, Birmingham, Derby, Ipswich, Watford, Cardiff? None of them sang any more or any louder than what we do.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would say that compared to the away experiences I've had we are one of the louder home supports.

I saids yesterday on here i thought our average home noise was easily in the top 10 in this lg from what i've seen / heard recently (including matches on tele where the amex sounds amazing - Leeds / Lpool etc). I was only saying top 10 to avoid attacks from the 'anti Brighton fans brigade' on here - it's top 6 for sure :clap:

PS - This thread proves it really does depend where you sit as to your take on the atmo tho - it's been like this on here after virtually every game!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You got it. This is best since the Mullery days, and it's such a long time ago, it's hard to compare.

Light years better than Withdean, and for a southern club, I think we do brilliantly for atmosphere. (Places like Reading and Southampton always seem so dire for general noise and passion).

Spot on! Particularly the Reading bit!!!!!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Who's home support has been better than ours? Millwall, Southampton, Pompey, Leicester, Bristol, Birmingham, Derby, Ipswich, Watford, Cardiff? None of them sang any more or any louder than what we do.

I agree, been to most away games. Couldn't believe Cardiff, 800 of us out sang them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here