Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex and their card

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The one credit card you can't use to buy tickets online is the American Express card, how ironic.

I know when I worked for them over thirty years ago some stores wouldn't accept them because Amex charged far more for their use to Vendors than the likes of Access and Barclaycard.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The one credit card you can't use to buy tickets online is the American Express card, how ironic.

I know when I worked for them over thirty years ago some stores wouldn't accept them because Amex charged far more for their use to Vendors than the likes of Access and Barclaycard.

And the same is true today. I had a corporate one in the past and it was refused in a fair few places.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Corporate cards aside, the traditional reason to have one is purely snob value. Its to say "Hey I've got an Amex gold card. This means I earn much more than you and I'm really successful."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Corporate cards aside, the traditional reason to have one is purely snob value. Its to say "Hey I've got an Amex gold card. This means I earn much more than you and I'm really successful."

The BA Amex gives you 3 BA airmiles per £1 spent on BA tickets makes it a very worthwhile card, if you travel regularly on BA. Pay it off monthly though as the APR is 47%

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
The BA Amex gives you 3 BA airmiles per £1 spent on BA tickets makes it a very worthwhile card, if you travel regularly on BA. Pay it off monthly though as the APR is 47%

The APR is only that with the yearly fee taken into account (£150 per year for Premium Plus)
the other BA Amex card is 19.9%

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
AMEX is accepted in most places now, actually. I have no problems using it as my monthly spend card. Only small shops/outlets don't because of the high handling fee. The club will be sorting this shortly too I believe.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
BA Amex is good, as is the AMEX platinum (I have both) especially for regular travellers.

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
I have the Virgin Amex card for the same reason and clocking up the airmiles with each purchase

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I have the Virgin Amex card for the same reason and clocking up the airmiles with each purchase

The Virgin Amex cards are issued and underwritten by MBNA though. they just use the AMEX payment systems like the LTSB Amex Arimiles card.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The WILL have to sort it in time for the new stadium.

Otherwise its a PR gaffe of ENORMOUS proportions.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's been mentioned more than once before.
AMEX is accepted over the counter at the club shop for ticket sales.

Yes but not online, seeing as I live miles away I don't have a lot of choice. I do think the £2 charge is a bit much too, oh well, the joys of being a Brighton fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here