Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Acoustics, and the PA System

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Of course.

But they need some constructive comments. One of the things about the South Stand at Withdean was that just about the ONLY place you could hear the announcements and music was in the area around the refreshment outlets. I liked that.

Today was exactly the opposite. I'd like decent sound everywhere. It can be achieved.

Some constructive comments like how some fans are so so instituitionalised by the ramshackled Withdean Stadium that its now unnaceptable that a PA system can be heard all round the ground?

Some constructive comments like how some fans are so so instituitionalised by the ramshackled Withdean Stadium that its now unnaceptable that a PA system can be heard all round the ground?
I'm saying exactly that. I'd like a PA system that can be heard everywhere, not just inside the arena. That wasn't the case today.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The sound will absolutely amazing when the stadium is up to or nearing capacity, those few guys in the North Stand demonstrated that yesterday. Would agree with Lord B though, you can't really hear the tannoy too well in the concourses.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Went yesterday and sat in the WSL as I have a ST for the North and fancied sitting in another part of the ground just too see what it was like.
I honestly could not believe that 20 odd blokes in the North stand could make that much noise,seriously most people around me just had that look on their faces "my god it's going to be loud in here!"

The place didn't quite feel like home though it is............think myself like most just need a meaningful game ,a couple bad tackles,a sending off, a penalty and of course an Albion goal !

Last edited:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
This video helps demonstrate the acoustics when those few hardy NS souls were singing...

[yt]ufc4KneLXvk[/yt]

bloody hell, that's impressive. From the pics it looked like there were very few in the North Stand.

Is that the view from your seat then Bozza? Looking forward to your series of ustreamed home games this coming season ;)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
bloody hell, that's impressive. From the pics it looked like there were very few in the North Stand.

Is that the view from your seat then Bozza? Looking forward to your series of ustreamed home games this coming season ;)

No, that's lower West and I was, and will be, Upper.

I need to get something sorted for Ustreaming - I'm hoping for iPhone 5 will be along soon enough. Might have to be the trusty iPod and MiFi (as trialled at Walsall - northstandchat 04/16/11 08:51AM, northstandchat 04/16/11 08:51AM northstandchat on USTREAM. Soccer) until then, but the quality is poorer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here