Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American Visas

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Hi my all knowledgeable fellow NSCer's. I have a bit of a question for you lovely people.
I am going to the states in May for a couple of weeks and I know I do not need a visa as it is less than 3 months and my passport is electronic readable so that is fine. My problem is that I may go back in june but do not know how long between visits you have to wait or is it a case of just leaving the country then you can go back for a further 3 months? Also can you obtain and how hard is it to get a working visa for the states?

Sorry for the questions but my girlfriend is not alolowed to take her daughter out of the country due to a custody battle so I will need to travel there more than she can here.

Many thanks to you all for any help you can give me :)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Each time you travel to the US on the VWP you can stay up the three months. You can do this as many times a year as you like. However if you get caught working you will never again be able to enter the country under the VWP...

Heres the website:

US VWP

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
tedebear said:
Each time you travel to the US on the VWP you can stay up the three months. You can do this as many times a year as you like. However if you get caught working you will never again be able to enter the country under the VWP...

Heres the website:

US VWP

Cheers Ted. I have looked at the site before and it does not look I can get in with the job I do so it will just be tourist visa at 3 months at a time if everything works out well for me and the girlfriend :angel:

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
BMF
im currently living in America after attending uni here and i know the hassle of Visas and stuff.
You can enter the US as many times as you like on your passport. Working Visas are very very tough to get..........if your company is willing to relocate you, they have to prove that you can perform/offer a service which an American couldnt.

Worst comes to worst.........get married get a green card...........i have 7 months left on my visa and im headhunting!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
cardboard said:
Not another internet girlfriend Dave???

Well done mate:clap: :clap:

Yep and cheers mate;) :love:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Tiptop24 said:
BMF
im currently living in America after attending uni here and i know the hassle of Visas and stuff.
You can enter the US as many times as you like on your passport. Working Visas are very very tough to get..........if your company is willing to relocate you, they have to prove that you can perform/offer a service which an American couldnt.

Worst comes to worst.........get married get a green card...........i have 7 months left on my visa and im headhunting!
Do you know how long you have to leave for after the 3 months before you can go back? I could not get a work visa as I am a business anayst and there are plenty of them in the states :(. Marriage may be the only way to stay all the time. Can I work as soon as I get married or do I need to get other types of visa first?

Cheers for all your help mate :bowdown:

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Not sure about a time period inbetween, i remember something on the visa forms about if you stay X days you cannot reenter for X days....but im not entirely sure about that.
Did you ask your business/company about relocation?

Might sound funky but there is such a thing as a "Engagement Visa" whereby you can live and work in the us for a period of time (about 3 months i think) hassle free..........however you have to get married by the end of it.

Whatever you do, if you decide to get married out here, dont leave the country, thats when you get fcuked. A mate of mine married his g/f after being with here for 3 years, went home to renew his visa and was told he wasnt allowed one as he was married. Had to wait 18 months to get a green card because he left the country.

Another of my friends has just got married and his visa expired in jan, his lawyer (thoroughly advise you see one out there) said stay in the country and keep working until someone says something or your green card comes.

Hope this helps

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
you have the perfect user name mate as your answers have been tip top bud. I was going to get married in Italy or Australia if things work out but will have to change those plans now and wait for a grren card and also look at the engagement visa thing as well. Got to wait until she is divorced first though :down:
I can not ask work at the moment as I have been off with depression for the last 5 months:down:

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
stick with it bud.
It can be long and very fustrating.......ive been dating me g/f for 3.5 yrs now........i graduated in dec and ive been looking for a job thatll be willing to sponsor me......makes it very tough to get anything, but with a green card the world would open up. Something i have to seriously consider! But like i said, once your here, stay, they wont deport you, but if you leave they can deny you entry. My mate had to stay in England for 18 months, and his missus visited 6 times a year...........some might say its the perfect wedding!

What part of US you looking at? i might be able to help out........i know a lot of people willing to employ people who are legal!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Tiptop24 said:

What part of US you looking at? i might be able to help out........i know a lot of people willing to employ people who are legal!

She lives in Dansville MY mate so somewhere around there. Rochester sort of thing. I know there is a loy of banking companies up there which is what I have been doing the lat 9 yeras in debt recovery. Any help is greatly appreciated bud and thank you so so much already :)

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
a good company to look at is Wells Fargo.........excellent company/pay/benefits................only employ legals.

Get down on that knee!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
eastlondonseagull said:
..and with a kid? You do pick 'em fella! ;) :clap:

You know me mate. I don't care about them already having kids and things. Means if I fire blamks I can call her mine ;) :lolol:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Tiptop24 said:
is it a real internet love triangle?

No triangle mate but we did meet on the net but spend more time tlaking on the phone than anything else:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here