• Poor

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Not seen it

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Anyone else seen this film? I've got it on DVD and have gotta say its possibly my favourite film ever, recently surpassing Seven, Sleepers, and the Shawshank Redemption. Perhaps its just that I saw it again very recently and have been mesmerised by it.

Does everyone think its just plain disturbing and not that good at all, or like me do you think its a work of genius?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Total quality, altouhgh like safeway said the kerb bit is horrible, its the sounds it makes which makes it worse.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
it's good until the end, I wanna see the REAL version that was made, the director was screwed.

City Of God is better.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Good film and not that hard to relate to here in Georgia. Amazing thing to me is that Hip Hop seems to be the music of choice for the majority of racists (there's plenty here).

Ironic or what ?

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Didn't think the Americans had any history and thats why they keep nicking ours for their films (eg U 531):sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Given the poor state of the education system here they don't know much about anybody's history (or geography for that matter).

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I thought it was nice, but a few too many blacks.

Sorry, needless Partridgism - and probably not very tactful given the topic of the film. Ahem.

But seriously... I thought it was great - not amazing, I've been more moved and shocked by films in the past (not that being shocked it a measure of greatness of course, being shocked is easy - but being shocked by something real is a thing of note) but it's dead good nonetheless. There's a valuable lesson in there, but the problem is that the sort of hate which the film pertains to which exists in people, won't be altered by it.

gonzo666

Jul 5, 2003
southwick
top movie .in my top 5 films

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
'American History X' is an absolutely abysmal film. It is quite simply the American version of 'Romper Stomper' (which is also a pile of steaming shit).

Despite the fact that it attempts to achieve some sort of moral high ground with its 'shock' ending, 'American History X' is nothing more than a glorification of racism, violence, hatred and bigotry.

"Don't be a racist kids, them blacks are just the same as us, even though they talk a bit funny. But they're OK really. Honestly. They're just like you and me in a funny kind of way. Just don't end up in prison with any of them. And, whatever else you do, don't kill any of them, for f***'s sake, or you'll end up sorry!"

f*** OFF HOLLYWOOD!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seems that way, when do we see 'Slappy Taffy' dedicated to all the racist Welsh people out there ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here