Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American Football

Well?

• Yes, go. You'd be a fool not to, it'll be a fantastic expierience

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • No, it's AMERICAN football, it's gonna be shit innit.

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Go, then procede to complain throughout that it ain't real football.

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Tried to get into it when I first came here but failed.
Due to lack of proper footie.
The whole experence is just so plastic, the attmosphere, the cheerleaders, the piped music trying to get the crowd goiing.When no one really cares because there is no passion, it's just a day out at a theme park to most.
Drinks not sold at the end of the 3rd quarter, by which time most people are asleep or have gone home.

I have turned down several free tickets to see the Carolina panthers. Been there, done that as they say, but you have to try everything once.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
driddles said:

I've only been to games in Buffalo but it's a good time.

There's no such thing as a good time in Buffalo...sorry- you're in London or Windsor aren't you so forget what I just said:lol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was Houston Oilers vs LA Raiders at the Astrodome in 1988, Houston won a thriller in "The House Of Pain".

I enjoyed the experience but it is better watched on TV when the gaps in live action are filled with replays of the previous play.

By contrast, Aussie Rules is great live and you have to be a far better athlete to succeed than some of the fat oafs in gridiron.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Bwian said:
There's no such thing as a good time in Buffalo...sorry- you're in London or Windsor aren't you so forget what I just said:lol:

It is a great time. The smell of the BBQs (most people using hardwood). The wood smoke wafting around the tailgate party. Lots of beer flowing. People having a great time. Only the actual game does not meet up to expectations. Tailgate parties in Buffalo are a blast. Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem.

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
I'd go cause i like american football, allthough the game is between 2 of the lackluster sides in the NFC, and consequently there should be some high scoring going on.

If you go, watch out for Eli Manning on the Giants offence and Deuce McCallister on the saints.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here