Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazon prime. Do you use it? We have it and did not realise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
100% this. Every time I get one of these free trials I immediately cancel it and then no longer have to worry about the money being taken

I set a calendar alarm on my phone a few days before the deadline and cancel then.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Signed up to prime back in July when it was £59 , great deal as then charged £12 to 4 friends who I put on prime aswell(delivery only) so cost me £11 and I get the TVs,music ,delivery and unlimited photo online storage. And every time a delivery is late for one of us we just email customer care and they give us an extra month so at the moment it's valid till November 2016.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
How come so many people don't realise they've apparently contracted to pay £79 then? That's the con.
Because they didn't read before clicking. And even after they've been charged they can just click again and get their money back.

I'm speaking from experience as I did exactly that!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Do you need to register to use Amazon and link to paypal or bank account to use, or can you pay by debit card each time?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Do you need to register to use Amazon and link to paypal or bank account to use, or can you pay by debit card each time?
I always use my credit card online. No link to bank account and if things do go tits you're covered by the card provider rather than just the assurances from Amazon/eBay etc.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I'm on the 30 day trial at the moment and I will happily let them take the £79 at the end of it. The fast delivery is great at this time of year and as someone else mentioned I've clocked up £26 in digital credit through 'no rush delivery' which is handy as I've bought my daughter a fire tablet for Christmas.

The TV and film are pretty good but I'm most impressed by prime music.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
How come so many people don't realise they've apparently contracted to pay £79 then? That's the con.

Because many people are lazy or stupid or sometimes even both. I signed up for Prime earlier this month and it appeared abundantly clear to me what I was signing up for and how much it would cost, there were also clear instructions available to me as to how to cancel etc and when i go into my Prime account settings there is another clear option for me to cancel there. Its the internet generation I fear that just click away without taking any responsibility for what they are clicking on and then blaming the website for their inattention. As for Prime? Its a good deal for me personally, I detest town centre shopping with a passion so if you can't buy it online they I don't buy it at all, I reckon I've already saved over £30 in postage this Xmas and over the year it will pay for itself plus I get a reasonably good TV, Music and online storage package. I can get shot of Spotify at £9.99 a month and use The Prime music app and not only save money (£120 v £79) but get all the other benefits too, good value in my opinion.

Its true there are some price differentials on items but this is not exclusive to Prime thats down to amazon marketplace sellers and even more of those items are now available to Prime members as more and more marketplace sellers use Amazon to fulfill their orders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here