Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazon are shit.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Ordered the first season of The Wire. It was supposed to be dispatched in 4-6 days. Two weeks later its still not dispatched so I send an e-mail. Get a load of waffle back and then the following day get an e-mail saying the dispatch date has been delayed meaning the item won't even be sent out until a month after I ordered it. The seller is Amazon UK which makes you wonder why they are having so many problems. I've sent them another e-mail but don't expect much.

Anyone else had these type of problems before? Has anyone got any advice?

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
Must be you...ordered loads of stuff, never had a problem. Even when my PDA became faulty after 2 months, they just refunded me the money with no questions asked - in fact they recommended a refund and me re-buying it as it had gone down in price rather than just replacing it!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Ordered loads of stuff before butthis is the first time I have had this problem. I can't be arsed to wait this long when I can get it from play.com for a quid extra and its dispatched the next day.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Ordered Planet Earth (Blu-Ray) from Amazon USA.

Despatched on Monday. Got an email yesterday saying that the price had been reduced overnight Monday. US$3 refunded.

Ordered plenty from Amazon UK, no problems.

In your case, it's probably the distributors causing problems with release dates or unable to keep up with the orders.

Amazon are one of the better e-taliers on the Internet.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Should have gone with Play as at the time of ordering they were the same priced. Ghee.

Got an e-mail back with something to do with the supplier. Don't know whether to cancel and get it through Play or wait.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I ordered The Wire seasons 1 & 2 and it is the DOG'S BOLLOCKS.

Cancel your order and try play.com or cd-wow instead.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I agree that play.com is the better of the two.

I would email them saying that is was a birthday present for someone and would like some kind of compensation (discount) as it means you will have to give it to him late. Or something like that.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I always use play.com myself aswell.

I've heard some people talk about cdwow but have never used that one so don't know if its any good or not

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
Kenhead said:
I always use play.com myself aswell.

I've heard some people talk about cdwow but have never used that one so don't know if its any good or not

Have used amazon, play and cd-wow...never had a problem with any of them. Prices vary so I use the cheapest...play and cd-wow always free delivery, Amazon you have to order a certain amount.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I find that Amazon is usually the most expensive of the bunch.

I usually go for play.com or Tesco Jersey

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here