Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazingly dull techie question

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The following will solve your problem:-

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
2. Navigate to the following subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
3. Right-click the right pane, create a new DWORD value, and then name it EnableBalloonTips.
4. Double-click this new entry, and then give it a hexadecimal value of 0.
5. Quit Registry Editor. Log off Windows, and then log back on.

It sounds a bit daunting but it is pretty straight forward. I haven't tried this though just found it using google but it makes sense

Now THAT looks to me like good, solid advice.
I am indebted to you sir. Will report back accordingly.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Now THAT looks to me like good, solid advice.
I am indebted to you sir. Will report back accordingly.

To be honest I would leave that one and just follow Danny Seagulls advice if you havent tried it already. DS's tip will isolate just the router pop ups. The registry edit will stop ALL pop ups including windows update ones etc which are actually useful.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
The answer I found looks much more straightforward

Sorry Gazwag-i meant you in my reply but accidently put Danny Seagull for some reason:shootself

Your's is more simple and also isolates purely the router bubbles rather than ALL bubbles, like the useful windows update ones.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I will apply the "suck it and see" ruling on each solution until it is cured.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
right click on the tool bar, click properties, then click customise, then find the little fella and click always hide. might work

Well whaddya know. I think thats SNORTED it.
Cheers bud.

:thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can somebody help please.

When I scan documents a prompt comes up of what to do with the pictures and inadvertently I often click on 'set as desktop background' because I am impatient and the list hasnt dropped to write to cd. Hence the background changes to the letter I have scanned. I have done this about 50 times so in my list of desktop backgrounds I have loads of letters how can I remove them from this list so it just leaves the ones I would wish to use.

I have tried highlighting them and delete but that doesnt work also switching off and on:lol:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Can somebody help please.

When I scan documents a prompt comes up of what to do with the pictures and inadvertently I often click on 'set as desktop background' because I am impatient and the list hasnt dropped to write to cd. Hence the background changes to the letter I have scanned. I have done this about 50 times so in my list of desktop backgrounds I have loads of letters how can I remove them from this list so it just leaves the ones I would wish to use.

I have tried highlighting them and delete but that doesnt work also switching off and on:lol:

this might help BG

How to Remove a Background from the Desktop Background List - wikiHow

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Well blow me down Jim, it DOES say "techie". That old Vulcan halfwit's bollixed it up again.

polarcrocbh6.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here