Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I un PC?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Just walked into Broadwater to do the banking for work and was accosted by a couple of German students who asked if they could ask me about half a dozen questions.
First four were all the usual ever been to Germany, who is the head of state, favourite food and drink, then came question 5, can you name a famous German?

Like him or not who is the most famous German of all time?

My reply of Adolf Hitler was met with silence and a one particular box being ticked.

Having thought about it I could have said Gerd Muller or Boris Becker, but like with all good quiz shows you have to go with your first answer.

I wonder what snap answer the great and the good of NSC would have given my european friends?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Hitler was Austrian though

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It all would have been fine Harty, until you started doing this

fawlty_1.jpg

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Mr Ferdinand Porsche .

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'd have said Prince Phillip !!

(Well Prince Philip is a member of the Danish-German House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg !!!)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Nena.

Neun and neunzig Luftballon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Owen Hargreaves.
:D

Actually Harty, I don't think you're out of order there. Hitler is surely the most famous German of modern times. Or was he Austrian? Come to think of it, I might have just said Rudi Voeller to be on the safe side, as he is part responsible for arguably the funniest handbags ever seen on the football field, when Frank Rijkaard wound him up all game, gobbed in his hair and then got him sent off. :D

Here it is in all its glory.

Act 1: Rijkaard gobs at Voeller for being a cheating diver. Voeller consequently gets carded but complains to the ref at the gob in his hair
Act 2: Voeller goes in on the keeper. Rijkaard makes a fuss and the ref sends off Voeller for a second yellow offence.
Act 2b: Rijkaard gobs in Voeller's hair as he's leaving the pitch. :D

[yt]zXNDq9yHYBE[/yt]

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would have said Her Majesty the Queen

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If on the other hand you had been asking the questions, of a German about the UK, I reckon a fair few would have had said Winston Churchill...so, whilst not being in any way representative of modern Germans or their country, there is no denying that the Austrian known to us all as Adolf Hitler is probably the most famous German of all time.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
When they stopped you with their clipboard you should have shouted "PAPERS" whilst thrusting your hand at them.

Just building bridges.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here