Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

am i the only one who thinks its not a bad draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
i no its quiet far and there our bogey team etc etc
but its not a bad stadium away to a prem team, give a good account of ourselves and its the fa cup you never no what could happen , i mean its a winnable game with our style

not bad draw imho

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I take it you have never sampled the delights of Stoke then ?

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
i no its quiet far and there our bogey team etc etc
but its not a bad stadium away to a prem team, give a good account of ourselves and its the fa cup you never no what could happen , i mean its a winnable game with our style

not bad draw imho

Agreed.

1 Premiership team
2 Should be enough tickets to go round
3 Not too big a tie to be a distraction from what really matters
4 Winnable

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Yep. You obviously haven't experienced the delights of stoke. It's basically 5 towns so the ground is in the middle of nowhere, the ground is one worst stadiums I've ever been to(along with kenilworth road) and their team is dirty although effective. We'll lose.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
i wudn't exactly call it a good draw but i reckon it'll be a good test for us show how far we have come on this season!! Injuries and a replay are my only fears on this game.

Had a look on their site and they seem confident of an easy passage thru...... mmm we shall see! The cup always throws up a surprise or 2... and we are more than capable of giving them a good game... Tell them to speak to watford and pompey fans...

ps, i enjoyed watfords 2 touch passing game yesterday... they only had 2 touches all game lol

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
im with ya. I havent been inside the stadium so one to tick off the list(although yes i have been to stoke and seen the ground), its not too far from me here in Cheltenham. I honestly feel we have a decent chance and hope at least put in a bloody good performance against a Premiership team. Wont be a ticket spackfest as well although i hope we take near 2k

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I'm just glad it wasn't Manure or Chelski (assuming they beat Everton in the replay, which I hope they don't. ) I'd rather we'd been at home though, the Britannia is not one of my favourite stadiums!!! Rather the opposite!!!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Yep. You obviously haven't experienced the delights of stoke. It's basically 5 towns so the ground is in the middle of nowhere, the ground is one worst stadiums I've ever been to(along with kenilworth road) and their team is dirty although effective. We'll lose.

If The Brittania was as good as Kenilworth Road my enthusiasm for the tie would be increased tenfold. Sadly, having never been, I suspect it isn't.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Sounds lovely, can't wait!

From the football ground guide
Stoke City FC
Britannia Stadium
Away Fans

Away fans are housed on one side (towards the Players Tunnel and Main Stand) of the South Stand at one end of the ground, where around 2,800 supporters can be accommodated. This stand is shared with home fans on the other side. At first I was quite perturbed by a large sign advising fans that persistent standing would result in ejection from the ground, however the facilities and view of the action from this stand are good. The concourse is adequate and there is a large choice of refreshments available such as Wrights pies at £2 each, sausage rolls (£1.50), cheeseburgers (£2.40), rollover hot dogs (£2.60) and chips (£1.30). Alcohol is also available in the form of Carlsberg lager (bottles £3), Bitter (pint £2.50), Strongbow cider (can £2.50) and Smirnoff Ice (bottle £2.60).

The stadium is quite high up in an exposed position and the open corners can mean that a cold wind can whip through the stadium, so bear this in mind, especially in the winter months. I thought the inside of the stadium was quite disappointing being rather bland and lacking character, although I'm sure that this can be developed in time. Listen out though for the Stoke anthem 'Delilah' being sung by the home fans, they can still give a great rendition of that Tom Jones classic song.

On the whole though the Britannia Stadium, is not a great day out, as there are very few pubs close to the stadium and even fewer away friendly ones. It is also worth bearing mind though that the Stoke fans are passionate about their club and this can make for an intimidating atmosphere, so it is best to keep colours covered around the ground. Don't be surprised if you are kept in after the game, in a fenced off compound to the rear of the away stand. It is not an uncommon sight for a number of Stoke fans to congregate, generally trying to bait the away supporters, until the Police move them on.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I will be there - it's only an hour or so drive - but I wish it was pretty well anywhere else. The stadium is okay but the parking sucks.

They may not like it being said - they are a very proficient, physical and pragmatic side but their football is anything but attractive and it isn't exciting to watch.

We have a chance of a result and as someone said, at least the players won't be distracted by thinking about a glamour tie. Beyond that, there isn't much good to say really.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
I do agree with the sentiments expressed. But ever since beating Liverpool in 1983, when I went there totally expecting to lose, I've always voiced the view that a cup tie whether good or bad is defined by the end result.

Kingstonian away was the opposite of Liverpool, as it came at a time when a cup run was much needed.

We are capable of winning at stoke, every year there are upsets in games like this, and dump or not the tie would then become a good one.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Not a bad draw, not as good as it could have been but I'm looking forward to it.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
I'm rather happy with this draw. I'll be able to get to Stoke within an hour, it's Premiership opposition - so another good test, but also, as stated previously, the game is winnable.

The other plus for me is that I work with a fair few Stokies!!

The only thing that worries me is the chance of actually being able to get a ticket.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
FFS its the 5th round of the fa cup against a premier league team. If we don't sell our allocation we are not the super fans that some on here make us out to be!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
FFS its the 5th round of the fa cup against a premier league team. If we don't sell our allocation we are not the super fans that some on here make us out to be!

spot on!! too many of our fans think we are incredible/immense/outstanding etc because we take 4000 to watford/london clubs/saints etc but its our first 5th round appearance in years against a prem club...we should be taking a lot if we think we have decent fans

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I`ve never given a f*** what the town or city I`m going to is like. They`ll serve beer there somewhere and I`ll have my provision pack with me wherever I go.

There`s a football match against a top side at the end of it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here