Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only one pleased we're playing Germany not Ghana?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
As others have said, I think we can beat Germany, but if we do Argentina will do us in the Quarters.

Probably on Pens.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
to win the WC you need to beat the best, I'm therefore glad we're playing Germany and would prefer the toughest route to the final to win it!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I am SO happy we've got the Germans. We're not going to win the tournament so why not get to play them instead? I think it's BRILLIANT.

This.

Am not bothered if we go out after a performance against a good team. Presuming we put in a performance that is. We usually do against the better sides though. An ealry goal for them might help too :thumbsup:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
England-Germany
maybe England-Argentina

This is what World Cup's are for. If we'd been on the other side of the draw we'd have stood more chance of reacing the last four, but we'd have beaten a couple of sides that are decent, not great, we'll still have to come up against a top nation. If we get to the semis now we will be looking like possible winners.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't mind we're playing Germany. It's the following rounds - Argentina, Spain, Brazil - that annoys me

Massive ask to beat the Krauts and the Argie Skum but it's not by any means gonna be the Spanish if we did make the semi. If Spain come 2nd - which they may well do if the Swiss thump a poor Hondurus - that would effectively put them on the other side of the draw to us - as would Brazil be assuming they top their group. It's not good that we came second in the short term but if we do happen to win vs Ger and Arg we may get an easier semi than if we had topped the group and got Brazil in the semi...

We will see.

At least people on here are being more positive after a good display yesterday.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Big assumption there Tim, equally we could go Germany -> Mexico -> Switzerland/Japan -> USA

Who knows, just win each match

My mate pointed this out to me yesterday - Who's to say Mexico won't beat the Argie skum? They're a good side are Mexico and like us will feel they should have topped their group...

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I think it's possible that Ghana would have caused our defence more problems - they're quick and skilful and are capable of the unexpected.

The problem is the run of fixtures if we get through.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I think it's possible that Ghana would have caused our defence more problems - they're quick and skilful and are capable of the unexpected.

True, especially if Carragher played. The hundred year old tortoise would have a nightmare game against their forwards.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Only Spain,Mellotron what about Argentine,Brazil and Holland?
I was amazed to hear this morning more than once the terms Brilliant and sensational to describe our win last night which enabled us to reach the knockout stage of the competition,we had scored just two goals against very limited opposition,at least the next game should provide decent entertainment

1066gull

I can't believe how you are all underestimating the DUTCH.

First european to land in south africa was a DUTCHMAN
first team to qualify for the world cup were the DUTCH
first team to qualify for the second round WERE THE DUTCH
Wesley Sneijder has won the Super Coppa, Serie A and UCL. He has been awesome for club and country and WIL be Fifa player of the year and WILL WIN THE WORLD CUP.

It has already been written.

1066gull

Tony Bloom should dig deep and also buy his brother Rodney from Ajax.

ChapManiA

Banned
Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill, West-Sussex
I'm happy that England have ended up in the tough half of the draw.
We can now look forward to each tie that England will now have for as long as they last in the tournament.

The chance to possibly play Germany - Argentina - Spain - Brazil is MOUTHWATERING compared to the traditionally small teams in the top half of the draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here