Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am i the only one lacking enthusiasm for this season.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hiney said:
You've been looking at my wife again

:kiss:

002a.jpg

Last edited:

Man of Harveys said:
Has the season already started? Shit, I've been missing it. How are we getting on?

Maybe you missed Jan to April '06? But as a quick summary, we were dire. Since then we have lost several players and signed one for the future who may or may not be good. If you think this magically transforms us into something new, well I hope you are right. I cannot get excited about it though. Sorry.

(edit: Although I should perhaps point out that this will not stop me re-newing my season ticket, travelling to a fair few away games, buying the shirt and supporting the team as per usual).

Last edited:

Albion Rob

Yup, I'm looking forward to it now. It's not about the players but about the fans - there are some decent away trips this year, plus one or two places I've not done before.

If you can't get excited about forest, Bristol City and Millwall away all in the space of a few weeks then what can you get exctied about?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The smell of the first game at withdean cant be beaten - fresh hope and sun!

Looking forward to this season for Brighton and that North London lot as well.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Man of Harveys said:
Has the season already started? Shit, I've been missing it. How are we getting on?

doing ok , got a good draw at Rotherham but didnt win for 3 after that .
Goals seem our problem and we are leaking silly goals. CKR looks the business but needs more service.

If we can get this loan in then we can still push for play offs

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Lammy said:
I think it's beause last time we were relegated we ended the season well with Coppell and were playing good football. We knew we had a good chance of bouncing right back, which we did.

This time we have been relegated after a season of dross with a clown at the helm. No change of management and if anything we now have a weaker squad than last year due to aging players.

Spot on my friend:thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lokki 7 said:
Maybe you missed Jan to April '06? But as a quick summary, we were dire. Since then we have lost several players and signed one for the future who may or may not be good. If you think this magically transforms us into something new, well I hope you are right. I cannot get excited about it though. Sorry.

(edit: Although I should perhaps point out that this will not stop me re-newing my season ticket, travelling to a fair few away games, buying the shirt and supporting the team as per usual).
No, I saw it too. I could have sworn that we were in a higher division than this year, up again big clubs with a lot more money than us and stuff like proper football grounds of their own.

But if - as seems to be the case - we have to be 10 points clear at the top after two months and winning everything at a canter just to keep people who were moaning before even a ball had been kicked happy, then I guess there might be some disappointed people out there. Wait. And. See., FFS.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
No, I saw it too. I could have sworn that we were in a higher division than this year, up again big clubs with a lot more money than us and stuff like proper football grounds of their own.

But if - as seems to be the case - we have to be 10 points clear at the top after two months and winning everything at a canter just to keep people who were moaning before even a ball had been kicked happy, then I guess there might be some disappointed people out there. Wait. And. See., FFS.

You sir may find yourself in the enviable position of being my new object of affection.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Man of Harveys said:

Great post. I completely agree. As we have a very young squad nobody really knows how we are going to do in League One. We may find that one or two of our current strikers can score regularly at this level.

I am cautiously optimistic but do accept it could go wrong. But I agree that people should definitely wait for the first few games before becoming suicidal.

Man of Harveys said:

And relax...
The question was, "Am I the only one lacking enthusiasm for this season". My answer was no you are not. Hardly moaning is it? Or am I only allowed to express 100% positive opinions? I thought the whole point of a message board was to promote frank discussion and an exchange of views. The fact is, I am not excited, whether you like it or not. FFS :)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lokki 7 said:
And relax...
The question was, "Am I the only one lacking enthusiasm for this season". My answer was no you are not. Hardly moaning is it? Or am I only allowed to express 100% positive opinions? I thought the whole point of a message board was to promote frank discussion and an exchange of views. The fact is, I am not excited, whether you like it or not. FFS :)
I'll come round there and excite you, you big saucy DEVIL. :kiss: :love:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Most people will be looking forward to the season, but for very different reasons.

The 'told you so' regulars will look forward to having a bitch about near enough everything to do with the club if we are in the bottom-half of the table come October.

The more positive will enjoy ramming it down the 'told you so's' throats if we are near the top.

So at least some of us will be happy....

larus

Man of Harveys said:

I'm not negative nor slagging the team off MoH.

I will support the team, it's just that I fear the squad of players are either getting a bit too old, or are too young. We seem to lack enough players in the middle.

I do hope that a few of the youngsters can really step up this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here