Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am i the only one lacking enthusiasm for this season.

larus

Don't know why, but for some reason I can't seem to get excited about this season.

I think it's because I feel as though it's going to be an OK season. Probably mid-table mediocrity, and the main interest in off-field activities. I hope I'm wrong, we have a great seasoon and my enthusiasm returns.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
:wave:

This is the first pre-season I can ever remember being completely indifferent to. Usually I'm getting excited and optimistic about now. So in answer to your question. No, no you're not.

larus

Lokki 7 said:
This is the first pre-season I can ever remember being completely indifferent to. Usually I'm getting excited and optimistic about now. So in answer to your question. No, no you're not.

It's not because we've been relegated, as I was lookng forward to the next season after we last got relegated.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm really, really looking forward to it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd feel a lot more upbeat, if we were playing french non-league sides, week in week out.
Although I guess for that to happen we'd have to non-league and I suppose french, which would be some what depressing. :D

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I always look forward to the new season, regardless of division or quality of football and this season is no different, might change half way into the first game.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I think it's beause last time we were relegated we ended the season well with Coppell and were playing good football. We knew we had a good chance of bouncing right back, which we did.

This time we have been relegated after a season of dross with a clown at the helm. No change of management and if anything we now have a weaker squad than last year due to aging players.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm with MoH and Turkey, I can't wait for the season to start.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am Turkey, MoH and Les on this one. Last season dragged on and our younger players will have learned a lot. Some of our younger players need to make an impression and will be hungry. I am excited and relatively optimistic.

:clap2: :albion:

Last edited:

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Getting a couple of new signings in and a couple of quality performances against the higher level opposition in preseason will see my enthusiasm really kick in.
But as yet, I am less enthusiastic at this stage of the season to the same time in previous years.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
more enthusiastic since WC finished. I am looking forward to the season but Im not looking forward to us struggling

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I refer my friends to the answer I gave a few days ago...

Not many do <have enthusiasm> when it's sunny, a stultifying 35 degrees, and every woman is lithe, fit, tanned, young, gorgeous, exposed and looking like she has just stepped off the beach - sweating, dripping, oozing sex form every pore a deep, deep lake of steamy, sultriness just waiting to fizz and crackle at you from 50 yards.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The Large One said:

Not many do <have enthusiasm> when it's sunny, a stultifying 35 degrees, and every woman is lithe, fit, tanned, young, gorgeous, exposed and looking like she has just stepped off the beach - sweating, dripping, oozing sex form every pore a deep, deep lake of steamy, sultriness just waiting to fizz and crackle at you from 50 yards.

You've been looking at my wife again

:kiss:

The Large One said:

Good point well made. But for me, its more to do with us being dire.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lokki 7 said:
Good point well made. But for me, its more to do with us being dire.
Has the season already started? Shit, I've been missing it. How are we getting on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here