Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I over the limit to drive?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
OK - this lunchtime, with my sausage, I had a bottle of Pils, followed by two halves of Koelsch - both were around the usual 5%. The last one was consumed at about 2pm. Am I safe to drive legally at about 7.30pm this evening? I'm of, er, let's say above average build (i.e. a bit chubby) and fairly tall. I feel fine.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
dwayne said:
No-one, but no-one drinks Koelsch by the pint - that's heresy. The locals drink it out of test tubes containing 0.2 of a litre (but lots of them).

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
1 bottle pils = 1.5 units
2 halves kölsch = 3 units ish

Total = 4.5 units @ 1 hour per unit for body to process = body cleared in 4 and a half hours. Stopped drinking at 2, therefore clear by 6.30 pm.

Hope that helps... :drink:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
hitony said:
i do find it a bit ironic that the same person who is pro speed cameras is now asking a message board if he is ok to drive after drinking alcohol....:lolol: :drink: :lolol: :drink:
Simple things, doing what they do, I guess...

Presumably the sort of person who speeds everywhere without any regard for the dangers posed to other people has a similar lack of remorse driving when they're properly pissed, as opposed to potentially close to the limit. Although personally, it takes more than three halves in this case.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Trufflehound said:
1 bottle pils = 1.5 units
2 halves kölsch = 3 units ish

Total = 4.5 units @ 1 hour per unit for body to process = body cleared in 4 and a half hours. Stopped drinking at 2, therefore clear by 6.30 pm.

Hope that helps... :drink:
That was the sort of calculation I had dimly in my mind somewhere. You da MAN, as my life's inspiration Richard Blackwood used to say. Thanks.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
fatboy said:
Don't risk it.
I think you're right, I won't. :angel: It's not urgent anyway.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
tedebear said:
Are you wearing a pink shirt?
Well hello! You tell me what you're wearing first...:clap2:

Sort of red and white, actually - I'm nervous now.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Man of Harveys said:
Well hello! You tell me what you're wearing first...:clap2:

Sort of red and white, actually - I'm nervous now.

What I am wearing has no consequence - only if I'm wearing something, which I'm not, well I was but I'm off to the shower, oh bollocks ;)

anyhow - since you're not wearing pink and you had sausage for lunch and its thursday not Tuesday in a month with a R, then you're fine!!

Capische? ;)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Man of Harveys said:
Simple things, doing what they do, I guess...

Presumably the sort of person who speeds everywhere without any regard for the dangers posed to other people has a similar lack of remorse driving when they're properly pissed, as opposed to potentially close to the limit. Although personally, it takes more than three halves in this case.

But how can you confidently state that 3 halves and your "potentially" safe ? alcohol will affect everyone in differant ways, and thats a medical fact, how many units etc is nothing more than a guideline, and is no way a basis on, if to drive or not, in my opinion if you have had a drink, dont take the chance to drive, and also all these so called remedys, ie,coffee, greasy breakfast, shower etc, none of them will work as none of them can get into your blood stream to cancel out the alcohol, i agree they might make you feel a bit better, but they will not decrease the alcohol levels in your body.

and i dont recall saying i speed everywhere, that was your assumption, just cos i have an opinion about speed cameras, does not make me a habitual driver who enjoys breaking the law.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
tedebear said:
What I am wearing has no consequence - only if I'm wearing something, which I'm not, well I was but I'm off to the shower, oh bollocks ;)

anyhow - since you're not wearing pink and you had sausage for lunch and its thursday not Tuesday in a month with a R, then you're fine!!

Capische? ;)
I don't know, I couldn't read beyond the first line...:love: :love: :love: Ahem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here