Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I allowed to say this?

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
If we carry on playing the football we've seen in our first six games of the season, we'll be a Premier League team next season.

Note, I'm not saying we are going up. I am saying that the benchmark is set high - and if it is reached, promotion beckons.

Someone tell me
a) that isn't arrogant and
b) I'm not dreaming this. We're not still a run of the mill league one side playing in front of 6,500 any more.

:stupid:

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
Just a shame you can't be with your own pikeys instead of spending your time squatting on this forum.

I can't help it. The amount of bollocks being spouted on here by you faggots is so entertaining it keeps making me want to come back.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can't help it. The amount of bollocks being spouted on here by you faggots is so entertaining it keeps making me want to come back.

Perhaps your own fans don't like you either? Ah well you stay here and squat Billy no mates, some of us have to go to work now xx

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Although I can see where the OP is coming from it is much too early to be getting carried away IMO... We have had the rub of the green some of our games thus far, e.g Donnie, Gills and Pompey and as they say, luck usually evens itself out over the season..

We play some great football (especially last night) but, are we a very good side? or are we just in a run of form? Until we have played 20 odd games we will not be able to tell... Once we have played all the teams in the division we'll then find out if they can adapt to and stop our style..

During a 15/20 minute spell in the 1st half last night, Sunderland stopped us from playing out from the back and Casper started going long and we struggled to cope. It was the only good spell that they had IMO and it did affect us bigtime.. Lee Cattermole ran the show during that spell and at halftime I thought that they would continue to play a similar game in the 2nd half and honestly thought that they would go on to win.. Thankfully they didn't stick to that gameplan and took LC off, surprisingly.. We regained some composure after that and deservedly went on to win. Actually we tore them apart in spells!

What I'm saying is, if teams stop us from playing out from the back we do struggle to retain any decent possession and if other scouts from the championship cotton onto this I think that it may become a problem!

Therefore, let's be realistic with our expectations.. Liking the ambition though..Do carry on!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, really daft. I mean we actually drew a game last weekend instead of holding on to yet another routine win. And we've just made awfully hard work of beating a side that cost about £30m to assemble.

Apart from that, you're spot on. If only we had been outplayed by a team that was non league last season. :dunce:

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
Yes, really daft. I mean we actually drew a game last weekend instead of holding on to yet another routine win. And we've just made awfully hard work of beating a side that cost about £30m to assemble.

Apart from that, you're spot on. If only we had been outplayed by a team that was non league last season. :dunce:

If you're that great, why are you only one point better off than us?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
During a 15/20 minute spell in the 1st half last night, Sunderland stopped us from playing out from the back and Casper started going long and we struggled to cope.!

We have to expect that during games but as Gus said last season, no team can keep that up for 90 mins and our style of play will creat chances and tire the other team.

I have seen Reading, Hull, Bolton, Stoke, Wigan, West Brom and a few other teams get into the Premier being no better placed than we are now imo, yes it will be tough but at the moment it is a realistic dream. The wheels may come off but I'll worry about it when they do, meanwhile I'll just enjoy it and dream.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If we carry on like this, Bloom is going to have to star worrying about his bank balance and the need to expand the squad further :lolol:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Not wanting to pour cold water over such enthusiasm, but how many chances did we miss last night?

We beat Sunderland because we missed one less than they did. It's should have been at least 2-1 to us at half time and probably three each at the end of extra time, and that is only counting the glorious chances.

My point is, for all our excellent play last night, if we finish like that this season, we will finish mid table at best, and if Sunderland continue to be so wasteful, they'll go down for sure.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you're that great, why are you only one point better off than us?
:stupid:

We've only dropped two points all season, and that was only due to a quality strike in the last minute. I'm not really sure what you Nigels have to do with the quality of the super stripes to be honest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We have to expect that during games but as Gus said last season, no team can keep that up for 90 mins and our style of play will creat chances and tire the other team.

I have seen Reading, Hull, Bolton, Stoke, Wigan, West Brom and a few other teams get into the Premier being no better placed than we are now imo, yes it will be tough but at the moment it is a realistic dream. The wheels may come off but I'll worry about it when they do, meanwhile I'll just enjoy it and dream.
EXACTLY.

Can I also just say that we it's a squad game these days, and we have a fine squad. We have at least 6 or 7 players not on the pitch at any given time who would walk seamlessly into the side, and that is the real reason I am feeling so confident.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Come on Simster , answer Bozza .

I don't see why the question is relevant. You can guage on here how good things have been and how well we have played.
Seemed to be an unecessary swipe.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I'm just happy that we've already taken a massive step towards avoiding relegation. The first month isn't even up and we're about 1/5th of the way there.

I hoped for and predicted a safe mid-table position at the start of the season, wouldn't have dreamed of us making the start we have. If we can keep it up then who knows, but I'll be more than happy with mid-table come May and anything else is a huge bonus.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I don't see why the question is relevant. You can guage on here how good things have been and how well we have played.
Seemed to be an unecessary swipe.

Yes I agree with all of the above, however this is a football forum, it has blokes on it, who take the piss and stuff and make unnecessary swipes about their mates attendance , as bozza did.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Yes I agree with all of the above, however this is a football forum, it has blokes on it, who take the piss and stuff and make unnecessary swipes about their mates attendance , as bozza did.

Fair enough, I'm obviously not blokey enough to get it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here