Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
So after all the goings today (as not many comings!) we are left with, out of 33 players who have appeared or been on the bench during the first three games this season, 24 (only Ferguson of these 24 hasn't yet played any minutes) with only as I can see it, Gruda, Kadioglu and March to join these players so our 25 man Premier League squad has pretty much picked itself and will include all of these 27 players as a fair few will count as home grown players. So are we really as well stocked as we think we are and ready to go again for Europe? I'm sadly not so sure especially as it won't take much for injuries to deciamte the list further and leave very little in the way of experienced back ups. Delighted to be proved wrong but have to say a little concerned.

Players who have been included in squads this season (*=loaned out, **=sold) [Gruda, Kadioglu and March to be added to the list]

ADINGRA S.
AYARI Y.
BALEBA C.
* BARCO V.
* COZIER-DUBERRY A.
DUNK L.
ENCISO J.
ESTUPINAN P.
FERGUSON E.
** GILMOUR B.
HINSHELWOOD J.
JULIO I.
LAMPTEY T.
MILNER J.
MINTEH Y.
MITOMA K.
* OFFIAH O.
* O'MAHONY M.
O'RILEY M.
PEDRO J.
PEUPION C.
* RUSHWORTH C.
RUTTER G.
SAMUELS I.
* SARMIENTO J.
STEELE J.
van HECKE JP.
VELTMAN J.
WEBSTER A.
** WEIR J.
WELBECK D.
WIEFFER M.
* YALCOUYE M.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Always rated him and shocked he’s not got a good club. Not at our current level but we developed him brilliantly - wasn’t it Orient he signed from?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
So after all the goings today (as not many comings!) we are left with, out of 33 players who have appeared or been on the bench during the first three games this season, 24 (only Ferguson of these 24 hasn't yet played any minutes) with only as I can see it, Gruda, Kadioglu and March to join these players so our 25 man Premier League squad has pretty much picked itself and will include all of these 27 players as a fair few will count as home grown players. So are we really as well stocked as we think we are and ready to go again for Europe? I'm sadly not so sure especially as it won't take much for injuries to deciamte the list further and leave very little in the way of experienced back ups. Delighted to be proved wrong but have to say a little concerned.

Players who have been included in squads this season (*=loaned out, **=sold) [Gruda, Kadioglu and March to be added to the list]

ADINGRA S.
AYARI Y.
BALEBA C.
* BARCO V.
* COZIER-DUBERRY A.
DUNK L.
ENCISO J.
ESTUPINAN P.
FERGUSON E.
** GILMOUR B.
HINSHELWOOD J.
JULIO I.
LAMPTEY T.
MILNER J.
MINTEH Y.
MITOMA K.
* OFFIAH O.
* O'MAHONY M.
O'RILEY M.
PEDRO J.
PEUPION C.
* RUSHWORTH C.
RUTTER G.
SAMUELS I.
* SARMIENTO J.
STEELE J.
van HECKE JP.
VELTMAN J.
WEBSTER A.
** WEIR J.
WELBECK D.
WIEFFER M.
* YALCOUYE M.

Looks like a decent squad to me

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Did he find another club ?
Saw him on Sky Sports news a month or so ago, came across really well and seemed optimistic for his future, said he had options and offer but can’t see that he joined anyone??

Must be so difficult for a player in that situation, being unattached now for a few months.

Does he still live in the area ?
Does a player in that situation approach local clubs asking if they would be happy for him to train with them just to keep fitness levels up ?

Went on trial at Ipswich but didn’t work out.

Not sure where he is now.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would be a brilliant acquisition for an EFL club - hopefully one of them will get lucky and find him before he heads off abroad again.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
He is well above league 1 level. I’m not sure where the big payday for the agent lies on a free transfer.

I’m no expert in how agents get paid but I would guess it’s something like this ?

Higher player wages means more of a commission?
A cut of the signing on fee ?
Agent commanding a too higher fee that the buying club are prepared to pay ?

Or a combination of all three meaning the agent is looking out for his own interests as well as the player ?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

ADINGRA S.
AYARI Y.
BALEBA C.
* BARCO V.
* COZIER-DUBERRY A.
DUNK L.
ENCISO J.
ESTUPINAN P.
FERGUSON E.
** GILMOUR B.
HINSHELWOOD J.
JULIO I.
LAMPTEY T.
MILNER J.
MINTEH Y.
MITOMA K.
* OFFIAH O.
* O'MAHONY M.
O'RILEY M.
PEDRO J.
PEUPION C.
* RUSHWORTH C.
RUTTER G.
SAMUELS I.
* SARMIENTO J.
STEELE J.
van HECKE JP.
VELTMAN J.
WEBSTER A.
** WEIR J.
WELBECK D.
WIEFFER M.
* YALCOUYE M.
Missed Verbruggen off the list of those who've played and Moder off those who haven't. I guess Cahill will be the third keeper.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I’m no expert in how agents get paid but I would guess it’s something like this ?

Higher player wages means more of a commission?
A cut of the signing on fee ?
Agent commanding a too higher fee that the buying club are prepared to pay ?

Or a combination of all three meaning the agent is looking out for his own interests as well as the player ?
Those I know (well, those who has given a real answer when I've asked..) in Sweden has said they take 10% of player income. No idea if its the same globally, I'm sure there are those who take more or less.

Free transfers often means improved deals/signing bonuses thanks to the money the club is saving, so agents are rather often rather happy about it. It sucks a little bit for the client though to have that kind of insecurity. Most players are not millionaires and many want job security over a hypothetical big paycheck somewhere.

In the case of Steven Alzate it is a somewhat brave call to leave it late, but his CV is good enough, he doesn't need to worry. Once the transfer window closes, a small number of free transfers become quite desired and he's likely in that group. Expect to see him in Benelux or Turkey or something.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Missed Verbruggen off the list of those who've played and Moder off those who haven't. I guess Cahill will be the third keeper.
Yes, Cahill is third keeper. Turns is missing from the list too - he's still on the books and is not an U21 any more.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Having a medical at Hull. Poor lad

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What is it with Hull and Brighton loanees and former players? Even though they've binned off Aaron Connolly, they'll still have four Brighton/ex-Brighton players on the books this season!

Before you ask - Rushworth on loan, Alzate (assuming this deal goes through), Ryan Longman and James Furlong.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What is it with Hull and Brighton loanees and former players? Even though they've binned off Aaron Connolly, they'll still have four Brighton/ex-Brighton players on the books this season!

Before you ask - Rushworth on loan, Alzate (assuming this deal goes through), Ryan Longman and James Furlong.
Indeed. Although he won't see much of the latter two, as they are both out on season-long loans (to Millwall and Wimbledon, respectively).

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He’s definitely got something in the pipeline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here