Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What I like about these clips, extra to the highlighting of Alzate's touch, composure and quick feet, is that Lallana is in three of them (1,2 and 5)and in each clip that he is in you can clearly see him having quick looks around to assess the space and where the danger is. Doesn't seem like much but that awareness and appreciation of space is so important.

What I like about them is that Pogba is in most of them and Alzate outclassed him each time

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He didn't pull up many trees during his loan at Swindon I don't think - so I think we can argue that this one has been developed by us! With a nod to Leyton Orient out of courtesy, given he started playing League football with them.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He didn't pull up many trees during his loan at Swindon I don't think - so I think we can argue that this one has been developed by us! With a nod to Leyton Orient out of courtesy, given he started playing League football with them.
Ermmm .... he regularly ran matches while he was at Swindon.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015

Think he did, my mate who is a Swindon fan was always telling me that we had a bloody good player and he would make our first team. He thought he was way above their normal level of standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Think he did, my mate who is a Swindon fan was always telling me that we had a bloody good player and he would make our first team. He thought he was way above their normal level of standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, sometimes fans of the loanee club can't understand the step up and say this and it turns out to be bollocks. Swindon fans knew what they had on their hands

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was only saying about 3 league games ago he needs to cement his place now.... Boy has he so far.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have had him down as our most talented youngster for a couple of years - absolute gravy. His calmness in tight spaces, absolutely sets him apart from most players of his limited experience. The lad can, and probably will, go to the very top. Colombia knew what they were doing when they got him capped, at a young age, to tie him to them.

The media (happily in this case) in general have the insight of a child, so all the time he's just brilliant at doing simple things well, he'll escape their attention. If he adds a few goals to his game, then we'll have Steven Alzate transfer rumours non-stop, to suffer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Have had him down as our most talented youngster for a couple of years - absolute gravy. His calmness in tight spaces, absolutely sets him apart from most players of his limited experience. The lad can, and probably will, go to the very top. Colombia knew what they were doing when they got him capped, at a young age, to tie him to them.

The media (happily in this case) in general have the insight of a child, so all the time he's just brilliant at doing simple things well, he'll escape their attention. If he adds a few goals to his game, then we'll have Steven Alzate transfer rumours non-stop, to suffer.

Just reading this thread, I was literally about to say that I bet Colombia cap him before our clueless dinosaur thinks about doing the same, only to find out from your good self that it is already a moot point. :down:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just reading this thread, I was literally about to say that I bet Colombia cap him before our clueless dinosaur thinks about doing the same, only to find out from your good self that it is already a moot point. :down:

I wonder if there would be more of a spotlight on Alzate were he still eligible to play for England?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I wonder if there would be more of a spotlight on Alzate were he still eligible to play for England?

Unlikely. Common knowledge now that no Brighton player is getting any near the England squad

My guess is that Stephen is entirely unphased about spotlight or the lack of it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Given the lack of attention on Webster, Dunk, White and (to a lesser extent now) Lamptey, I'm going to say no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here