Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Always said the Dutch were Mad as hatters

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
"The chairman of FC Twente has previously admitted that some fans of the club are against the appointment.

"Ninety per cent of fans think why him? But he is used to working with top players," said Joop Munsterman. "

Indeed he is but he's also clearly demonstrated that he's not that good at getting the best out of them.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
at least he's not in this Country......f*** OFF McCLOWN :angry:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Extraordinary. Still, hopefully that means he'll be on TV and radio a bit less over here.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
He turned the job down originally when Sparky Hughes left Blackburn, and applied for that job. Obviously he wasn't succesful there so later decided to accept the first offer.

che

Nov 24, 2007
I am sure that he will get the sack in his first season.
What a big mistake of Twente to appoint him.

che

Nov 24, 2007
It sounds like the last chap they had in charge their seriously overachieved. So, in that situation, it's almost impossible for even the best manager to go in and succeed. When it's McClown you're talking about, it's GUARANTEED failure. I reckon he'll be sacked next summer after a mid-table finish and failing to get through the champions league qualifiers.

Fred Rutten did not overachieved with Twente.He is an excellent coach.The previous season he get the maximum results with his team

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Excuse the spelling, but I always found "Sakkerwasser" to be an appropriate Dutch insult. Literal translation is pocket washer (think about it)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here