Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alton Towers,Muslim Day,cancelled

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Alton Towers have cancelled the planned muslim fun day for September 17th. The company sites insufficent tickets sales has meant that islamic leisure was unable to fulfil its contractual obligations.:albion:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Looks like the Muslims didn't fancy a day with no beer or hotdogs then.

Or do they have a Jihad planned for that day?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I am glad it has been cancelled. It is an absolute disgrace that we should have a planned day where everyone has to behave like a Muslim if they want to go to a theme park in England. Fair enough if I was in a muslim country then of course abide by their rules but this is the United Kingdom for f*** sake.:censored: :censored: :censored: You can stick your political correctness up your arse as far as I am concerned. I live in England which is a Christian country and abide by those rules and if I want to have a hot dog then I bloomin well will.

Rant over

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
B.M.F said:
I am glad it has been cancelled. It is an absolute disgrace that we should have a planned day where everyone has to behave like a Muslim if they want to go to a theme park in England. Fair enough if I was in a muslim country then of course abide by their rules but this is the United Kingdom for f*** sake.:censored: :censored: :censored: You can stick your political correctness up your arse as far as I am concerned. I live in England which is a Christian country and abide by those rules and if I want to have a hot dog then I bloomin well will.

Rant over
:clap2: :bowdown: Said like a REAL man

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
B.M.F said:

Rant over

Though from what I understand it was hired by a company for the day. There would be nothing wrong with us hiring it for a anti Palace day or something.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Wardywonderland said:
Though from what I understand it was hired by a company for the day. There would be nothing wrong with us hiring it for a anti Palace day or something.

Exactly, it was a corporate booking by a company called Islamic Leisure. No different to a day for Halifax employees or a day for unemployed Croydon scumbags...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
MYOB said:
Exactly, it was a corporate booking by a company called Islamic Leisure. No different to a day for Halifax employees or a day for unemployed Croydon scumbags...

I can see both sides though, there are some not too PC overtones and IMHO that's the Muslims.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Wardywonderland said:
There would be nothing wrong with us hiring it for a anti Palace day or something.

now your talking, lets arrange one for Bognor's Butlins.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

On a serious note its a big non arguement. The only issue would be if any of the stipulations breached the sex discrimination act.

I Dunno. Its a bollox issue anyway.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
B.M.F said:
I live in England which is a Christian country and abide by those rules and if I want to have a hot dog then I bloomin well will.

'Show your faith, yam a hot dog'

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Laughable the response to this on here.

As posted above - it was booked like any other corporate event.

I went out for a meal with a muslim the other night and am still alive I think.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
B.M.F said:
I live in England which is a Christian country and abide by those rules

Are you a Christian??

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
B.M.F said:

Rant over

You are absolutely right, why should this country accept a alien religion with it's roots in the middle east. What's wrong with the good old Engligh religion of Christianity ? You couldn't make it up.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
clapham_gull said:
You are absolutely right, why should this country accept a alien religion with it's roots in the middle east. What's wrong with the good old Engligh religion of Christianity ? You couldn't make it up.

When you say old, you mean recent history I take it? The English religious history is of pagan gods. Christianity did not arrive in any force until about 600AD. Though it was around before then it was very much a secular religion.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
clapham_gull said:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: Good point well made !

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Wardywonderland said:

i think the place may be oversubscribed, for a Anti Palace day...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here