Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Although It's BISSOUMA They All Seem To Want...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyone heard of this guy?

“Brighton are plotting a late-window move for Lille midfielder Cheikh Niasse amid fears they could lose Yves Bissouma to Liverpool, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.”.
Bissouma will cost top, top money in the last 4 days of the window.

Mind you, he'll be cheaper today than he will be tomorrow, and frighteningly expensive on deadline day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Essentially you. Bissouma not for sale, whatever the price (we've already trousered £50M). Whatever the price, if big enough, we would.

Again I ask you to show me where I said Biss wouldn't be sold.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Anyone heard of this guy?

“Brighton are plotting a late-window move for Lille midfielder Cheikh Niasse amid fears they could lose Yves Bissouma to Liverpool, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.”.

Peter O'Rourke at Sky says we are in for Cheikh Niasse from Lille, who is a DM, so there may be credibility in this, however Naylor says the Liverpool Biss stories are BS.

Is this author taking those 2 separate stories and trying to create his own 2+2.

Maybe Niasse if true might be succession planning for Biss to go next summer?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Niasse is very inexperienced. Would be another one for the conveyor more than any hint of a Biss replacement imho.
We know the club will buy younger players who fit the profile no matter what position they are (see hoarding CBS).

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've already bought in Moder, then Caicedo, and then Mwepu as central midfielders to possibly fill te hole if/when Bissouma leaves. Now apparantly we're buying - or want to buy - a 21 year old from the French league. Does this mean our previous attempts to line up a Bissouma replacement are expensive failures? And why would we think a 21 year old from France is any more likely to be mature enough in PL footballing terms to step into Bissouma's shoes?

Rumours that somebody is interested in making a late bid for Bissouma I can understand. I don't see that it necessarily follows that we would then go out and buy another young player. Maybe we want Niasse (sp?) initially for the U23s - but in no way would that be linked to whether or not we sell Biss, would it?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am going into a deep depression if Biss leaves this window :down:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
[tweet]1431908356004909059[/tweet]

So in the last week alone it's been, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa and now Spurs all of them going to get him for 30 to 40 million. Brighton in turn are going to rollover and allow any of these teams to rob us of our best player.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So in the last week alone it's been, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa and now Spurs all of them going to get him for 30 to 40 million. Brighton in turn are going to rollover and allow any of these teams to rob us of our best player.

Hilarious isn’t it……my Spurs STH mate sent me that tweet and asked if I thought it was likely :mad::mad:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
£120 million at this late, late, late stage in the transfer window.

More expensive tomorrow.

I'd take that! But seriously we all know he's likely to move on at some point but would be gutted if we did lose him this late. Personally would like the window to slam shut now to remove that possibility, as I can't see anyone else coming in now (with absolutely no noise or rumours surrounding anyone in the last few days) so the quicker we can hold on to Biss, at least for this season, the better.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd take that! But seriously we all know he's likely to move on at some point but would be gutted if we did lose him this late. Personally would like the window to slam shut now to remove that possibility, as I can't see anyone else coming in now (with absolutely no noise or rumours surrounding anyone in the last few days) so the quicker we can hold on to Biss, at least for this season, the better.
I think the best any team can now do to get Bissouma is a big bid and loan back to us for the season, or an advance agreement for a January transfer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here