Alternative sites to Falmer

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Shoreham Herald report:

The proposed alternative sites proposed are:

Sussex Downsman (private organisation): Shoreham Harbour

Sussex Downs Conservation Board (part QUANGO with some elected representatives from Councils) propose Shoreham Harbour, Beeding Cement Works and Sheepcote.

The Sussex Downs Conservation Board did not any credibility to start with with me (I have had the brunt of their arrogance and vindictiveness and just plain nastiness before) but there is no measured or serious reason why the other sites are anywhere near as good as Falmer.

Shoreham Harbour is asset stripping the harbour facilities
Beeding is an AONB and in the proposed National Park
Sheepcote is public open space with impossible transport arrangements.

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
Oh really:yawn:

Heard of FALMER thats where the stadium will be, shut up:angry:

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
We have sprent about a million or so quid on the campaign, released a single and had johnny 2jags say we can have it if there is no viable option. So no stadium at shoreham perseus you'll have to travel to Falmer for home games:lolol:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Jean Tigana's boyfriend said:
We have sprent about a million or so quid on the campaign, released a single and had johnny 2jags say we can have it if there is no viable option. So no stadium at shoreham perseus you'll have to travel to Falmer for home games:lolol:

Maybe the hidden agenda is he can't be arsed to travel to the other side of Brighton.

I may suggest they demolish the estate next to me to build it in Worthing. PIMBY (please in my back yard) is the new NIMBY !

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
e77 said:
Maybe the hidden agenda is he can't be arsed to travel to the other side of Brighton.

I may suggest they demolish the estate next to me to build it in Worthing. PIMBY (please in my back yard) is the new NIMBY !

Actually there was some tit from Falmer in the Argus today going on about building the ground nearer to Albion fans and how they wouldn't want it in their back yards. What a crock off shite. I'd love to have the ground 1/4 of a mile from my house. How cool would that be? Can I be a PIMBY too please?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
e77 said:
If that's the best they can come up with we should be ok.

We know that the sites proposed are rubbish.

We have still got to prove it to the Inspector and Prescott though. (We could not have done so properly at the last Public Inquiry, so I hope the Albion team put in a better performance at the Public Inquiry this time around.)

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
BensGrandad said:
Perseus I do not know why you bother as according to Dave the gaffer you are public enemy No 1 and I am No 2 Watch out I shall be chasing your title.

I would argue the billing !

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ask you local Council representatives on the Sussex Downs Conservation Board why they are supporting the suggestion of the alternative sites listed?

(The Sussex Downs Conservation Board Committee members include co-opted members from local Councils. They are responsible for proposing these other sites. They did not have to propose these alternative sites. The elected members might have been outvoted though. The elected members could have voted for Falmer as the best site. They could have suggested that the Board did not waste any money opposing Falmer.)

Posting messages on a message board is not as heinous as being in a position of power (even if limited) and not speaking out or voting against the decision of the Sussex DCB who are active opponents to Falmer. The minutes of their last meeting do not seem to have been published.

Last edited:

perseus said:
We know that the sites proposed are rubbish.

We have still got to prove it to the Inspector and Prescott though. (We could not have done so properly at the last Public Inquiry, so I hope the Albion team put in a better performance at the Public Inquiry this time around.)
You still haven't got it, have you?

You continue to claim that the Albion team somehow "failed" at the earlier stages in the Inquiry. They didn't. It was the Inspector who failed by being unable to understand that the government's conditions for allowing development in an AONB had been met.

The post-Inquiry representations made by the Club, together with the evidence presented by the Club at the Inquiry, were sufficient to get Prescott to reject the Inspector's recommendations.

However, since some of the issues dealt with in the post-Inquiry representations were never fully examined in public (another failure by the Inspector?), Prescott has had to re-open the Inquiry to avoid the possibility that his YES decision might be challenged through a Judicial Review process.

I know you haven't followed any of this (you've said that you are only interested in sites that are very local to you and that Falmer is a matter for people who live in Brighton), but the least you owe to the Albion is to STOP TRYING TO DISCREDIT THE CLUB'S PERFORMANCE AT THE INQUIRY.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
perseus said:
Beeding is an AONB and in the proposed National Park
Upper Beeding maybe, but the cement works? If that is an AONB, then I'm Dick Knight.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Sussex Downsmen said that if we built the stadium at Shoreham Harbour, it would kick-start the regeneration of the area. And then the private sector would be sure to finance the road building that would be needed.
What planet are these people from? The roads would be needed first, unless Mr Slim doesn't mind hour long queues past his house every game. The little matter of us being unable to afford the land doesn't seem to have occured to these idiots either.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Re: Re: Alternative sites to Falmer

Everest said:
Upper Beeding maybe, but the cement works? If that is an AONB, then I'm Dick Knight.

He's right. Mr Knight.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
dougdeep said:
The roads would be needed first, unless Mr Slim doesn't mind hour long queues past his house every game.
Zoe can always stand outside selling hot soup or whatever.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
dougdeep said:
The little matter of us being unable to afford the land doesn't seem to have occured to these idiots either.

I think that they would use that as stick with which to batter us by saying'its not our fault you cant afford it'.

Irrespective of personal views we have gone so far down the FALMER road we must continue to the end of it.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
dougdeep said:
The Sussex Downsmen said that if we built the stadium at Shoreham Harbour, it would kick-start the regeneration of the area. And then the private sector would be sure to finance the road building that would be needed.
What planet are these people from? The roads would be needed first, unless Mr Slim doesn't mind hour long queues past his house every game. The little matter of us being unable to afford the land doesn't seem to have occured to these idiots either.

Shoreham Harbour is years away from being a viable site.

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
Lord Bracknell said:
It was the Inspector who failed by being unable to understand that the government's conditions for allowing development in an AONB had been met.

When I read the report it appeared to me, rather dissapointingly, to say that the application contravened just about every planning guidline there is [except dusturbing bats - because there are non] for development in an AONB.

Can you explain for me :dunce: the government's conditions you refer to? Explain me happy....:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here