Alternative Brighton v Portmsouth report and photos

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Did Gully get a card too?

163047_10150126039407565_577302564_7890593_789477_n.jpg

Sep 1, 2010
Good read HMHB, I posted a snap of Mr Portsmouth on way to the game and he was quite alright for all the people taking snaps of him. Nice to see you bring your cup with you, albeit bloody tiny, couldn't see it from B block

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Decent piece - very readable and a fair reflection of the day :thumbsup:

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Very good read as always. Just one question do you have a DataCo Football league photographers licence to publish's pictures ?
Spoke with someone about taking pics at football and putting them on a web site and he said you can't publish pictures of pro football with out one.

This is what it says on his web site at the bottom of each page.
Football League and Conference Football images are subject to Licensing agreements with Football DataCo and Conference Football.
Heres a link Sport Images - Photos - Editorial Sports Photography - tgsphoto

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
@£1.99 Yes, technically, that is true. But as I'm not using them for any commercial purpose, I haven't been asked to remove any. Surely the same would apply to anyone putting any photos on Facebook?

You need a dataco licence only to be admitted to take pictures (part of why no new pictures appear on the album as I cannot get a licence as I don't fit the criteria ( I do not sell my photo's to news media). Those paying to enter the ground can take what photo's they like it is up to the club and its officials to stop you if they wish they can also ask you to remove any pictures from public view.

Can't see anyone being arsed though, as I was once told by Peterborough at this level we need all the publicity we can get!

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
Yep, all correct Timco. I've never had a problem either, and clubs often invite me and give me a press pass these days as well because, as you say, they like the publicity. Some reports on EFW get read by thousands of people from all over, so it's a small bit of publicity for them. I get emails all the time from fans abroad who want me to get them tickets for the Albion because they've read one of my reports.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Just having a debate on Twitter about calling Withdean 'The Theatre of Trees'. Do any of you call it that or is it just something we've just dreamed up?

I have occasionally referred to Withdean as the Theatre Of Trees.
Also, there is a poster on NSC who goes by the name of Theatre Of Trees

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Having a look through the photos of the game, pic 28 is a classic. Sparrow's eyes towards Kanu its like 'what the hell didn't you used to be good'.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Just having a debate on Twitter about calling Withdean 'The Theatre of Trees'. Do any of you call it that or is it just something we've just dreamed up?

Not dreamed up at all - unlike Kitson's "elbow" on El-Abd, which was in reality a shove to the face with the palm of his hand (I had a clear view from C Block).

Good read though, thanks for sharing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here