Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Almunia anyone?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
This is a player who spent about three seasons as Arsenal's number one keeper, I think he's a bit better than Brezovan or Ankergren. I think people have unrealistic expectations of keepers sometimes, or maybe they're just easily panicked. I think Brezovan has been mostly fine since he came back into the team, but when he's been bad he's been very very bad. We just need someone more consistent I think.

I hear you but at 34 years old you should be in your prime as a goal keeper and there is a reason he's 3rd choice at Arsenal and that is he is a liability. I agree 100% with your comment on him being better (a lot to be fair) than out current keepers but someone like Tomasz Kuszczak who is number 3 at Man U would be cheaper, a better long term prospect and in my opinion more reliable. I actually have to pinch myself that we are even discussing players of this caliber, the future is SO exciting!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I hear you but at 34 years old you should be in your prime as a goal keeper and there is a reason he's 3rd choice at Arsenal and that is he is a liability. I agree 100% with your comment on him being better (a lot to be fair) than out current keepers but someone like Tomasz Kuszczak who is number 3 at Man U would be cheaper, a better long term prospect and in my opinion more reliable. I actually have to pinch myself that we are even discussing players of this caliber, the future is SO exciting!

Definitely prefer Kuszczak. Even though he conceded 2 against us, he looked a very comfortable keeper on the night.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure I read somewhere that Kuszczak is going to Ipswich but Watford were still trying to get him to sign for them as he is out of contract.

What is Richard Wright doing now?

Blue Goon

Sep 2, 2011
He is an accident waiting to happen, the only person in the world who thought he was any good was Arsene Wenger. He cost The Arsenal loads of points and made decent defenders complete nervous wrecks.

Steer well clear of him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You could say the same things about Kuszczak as about Almunia, thing is we're probably not going to get a keeper who's going to be good enough to get in Arsenal's team. That's ok though since we're not Arsenal. I'd take Kuszczak as well, even though I'd have to learn how to spell it, I don't see why he'd be much easier to get than Almunia though. Both long term Premier League goalkeepers at top 4 clubs... both coming out of contract. Who knows what wages they were on or what they'd ask for, but they're players of similar stature.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've just got a feeling we'll sign a big name keeper like this in the Summer. gus will know it's something we really need. What about (sp) Kushack from Man u - is he out of contract...? Looked class the other night...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Would rather us invest in a britsh keeper that will be in the spine of our team for years to come.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Well he looks like he might just fit in.

almunia.jpg

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I could see Gus doing what Swansea did and bring in a keeper playing abroad, Vorm cost them £1.5 million and is one of the best keepers in the prem.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
£74k a week?

Sounds like he'd be ideal for Portsmouth's league one title assault next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here