Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All you can eat Oriental Buffets.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Jade on western road is ok. I've also heard that oriental village is good haven't tried it so can't verify.

Last edited:

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Showing myself to be a fat bastard, but about 15 years ago we used to go to the Bombay Aloo in Ship Street for a vege curry buffet. Always good after a few beers. Is it still there?

I went there years ago just before Christmas had a brussel sprout curry, bloody lovely , affected my inards for a while though

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Oriental village just down from portslade railway station is very good £15 , waiter service order what you like from menu

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I've never quite understood the premise of stuffing oneself to get their moneys worth and then having to roll home.

Besides, I am crap at them. Haven't tried an all you can eat for nearly a decade.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When you find a microchip on the plate you know its not chicken you've just been eating.

I've never quite understood the premise of stuffing oneself to get their moneys worth and then having to roll home.

Besides, I am crap at them. Haven't tried an all you can eat for nearly a decade.

The one I use in Haywards Heath gives very small portions, you can re-order as many times as you want though. This means I can try other stuff I wouldn't normally have and if it's not something you like then the waste is minimal.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Never like the ones where you serve yourself. Asking for trouble!

Absolutely, bit like the serve your self cake counter in supermarkets, who in their right mind buys those after a day of sneezing and coughing over by the other shoppers

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
These are places i got hooked on a few months ago when I went to the No1 Oriental Buffet in Manchester.

Wasn't really a fan of the No1 Oriental Buffet in Manchester! There were a are a few belters in China Town in Manchester though unsurprisingly!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When you find a microchip on the plate you know its not chicken you've just been eating.

Funny you should say that, it happenned to a work collegues mother a month or so ago in a Hastings curry house, she broke a tooth on it and put it in her knapkin (not knowing what it was at the time) she showed it to her dentist and he said "that looks like a microchip"

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The one I use in Haywards Heath gives very small portions, you can re-order as many times as you want though. This means I can try other stuff I wouldn't normally have and if it's not something you like then the waste is minimal.

That is how the Oriental Village in Portslade works too. I wouldn't mind betting, even though you can keep re-ordering as long as you like, that you don't actually eat as much as you think you would.

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
'Me Old China' top of West Street is one to avoid IMHO. Though Oriental Village in Portslade is suprisingly good. Just one problem..........it's in Portslade.

Pop yourself along to Dannys on Portland Rd same price as oriental village but much better in my opinion, and you can have a couple of cheeky beers in stoneham before and after! and its in Hove!

Oct 25, 2003
is the oriental village not in hove? i thought the boundary of portslade and hove ran down the middle of the road......oriental village is on the hove side surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here