Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ALL we need is someone who can stick the ball in the net

It really is THAT simple.

Goalkeeper - SORTED.

Defence - SORTED.

Midfield - SORTED for where we are at the moment.

I honestly believe we just need to either find a winning combination out of the twenty or so strikers we've currently got, or sign one this month.

A few goals would have already made the difference between our thirteen draws and a couple of wins, and that's all it'll take to ensure comfortable survival this season.

Stop panicking everyone, everything's going to be ALRIGHT. :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Safeway said:

Goalkeeper - SORTED.

Defence - SORTED.

I honestly believe we just need to either find a winning combination out of the twenty or so strikers we've currently got, or sign one this month.

A few goals would have already made the difference between our thirteen draws and a couple of wins, and that's all it'll take to ensure comfortable survival this season.

WISE WORDS.

Although I'd have a midfield that helped the forwards a bit better. :)

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Safeway said:

Goalkeeper - SORTED.

Defence - SORTED.

I don't think our midfield is sorted and Reid has been playing left back for most the season, so how the defence is ok, is slightly beyond me, but upfront I think we probably have good forwards they've just not been given the time to form partnerships and have lost confidence.

I blame that directly on the manager. I hope everything will be ok, but I fear the worst with MM at the helm

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
"All we need is someone who can stick the ball in the net"

Nice one Miss Marple. Safeway you really are a f***ing tactical genius. Or should I say twat.

:dunce:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Re: Re: ALL we need is someone who can stick the ball in the net

The Large One said:
WISE WORDS.

Although I'd have a midfield that helped the forwards a bit better. :)

Word up! :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Safeway said:

Goalkeeper - SORTED.

Defence - SORTED.

Reported in the Mirror today that Sheffield Wednesday signed Deon Burton, 29, from Rotherham on an 18 month contract for 110,000 and Marcus Tudgay, 22, from Derby on a month's loan with a view to making it permanent. Paying dividends already as Tudgay scored today's 3-0 win over Crewe. It really is that simple, as the boy says.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

n1 gull said:
I don't think our midfield is sorted and Reid has been playing left back for most the season, so how the defence is ok, is slightly beyond me, but upfront I think we probably have good forwards they've just not been given the time to form partnerships and have lost confidence.

I blame that directly on the manager. I hope everything will be ok, but I fear the worst with MM at the helm
So you don't think the players themselves should bear any sense of responsibility?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Re: Re: Re: ALL we need is someone who can stick the ball in the net

The Large One said:
So you don't think the players themselves should bear any sense of responsibility?

Yes they should hang their heads in shame.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Tom Hark said:
Reported in the Mirror today that Sheffield Wednesday signed Deon Burton, 29, from Rotherham on an 18 month contract for 110,000 and Marcus Tudgay, 22, from Derby on a month's loan with a view to making it permanent. Paying dividends already as Tudgay scored today's 3-0 win over Crewe. It really is that simple, as the boy says.

yep but its ok coz we spent that on an untried and untested argie as opposed to a tried and tested forward like burton

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Re: Re: Re: ALL we need is someone who can stick the ball in the net

The Large One said:

Of course the players should take some responsibility, but upfront we have played so many formations that if you don't score you're dropped in the next game, that's crap.

I think CKR and Leon could form a decent partnership, but MM's not given them a chance and all the forwards look nervous to me. I think he's totally knocked their confidence.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Re: Re: Re: Re: ALL we need is someone who can stick the ball in the net

n1 gull said:
Of course the players should take some responsibility, but upfront we have played so many formations that if you don't score you're dropped in the next game, that's crap.

I think CKR and Leon could form a decent partnership, but MM's not given them a chance and all the forwards look nervous to me. I think he's totally knocked their confidence.

Im sorry but MM was a striker himself and a bloody good one.

If he cant coach out glut of forwards where the goal is then its not good enough.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ALL we need is someone who can stick the ball in the net

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Im sorry but MM was a striker himself and a bloody good one.

If he cant coach out glut of forwards where the goal is then its not good enough.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

He signed two of them, so he's hardly blameless on that score either

1066gull

I think a holding midfielder is a must to.

Hammond is to fragile and CHippy is aging.

Safeway said:

Goalkeeper - SORTED.

Defence - SORTED.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

*cough* leftback too

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here