Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All those who KNEW, nay, INSISTED Gus get a proven goal scorer in...

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
If he can keep his temper under control a bit better and thus keep himself on the pitch, I reckon Barnes can get to 20 too this season. I don't think I can recall a season in living history when we've had 2 players on 20 goals at the end of the season.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
sorry, I'm not one for hind sight threads and all that, but, I do get wound up by people who, to be honest, have no knowledge of professional football, scouting, etc etc. but INSISTED that we had to get a striker in....oooh, if we didn't Gus was a fool in the transfer market, what WAS he thinking

just checked all 4 professional leagues and we have the best goal difference of all.

just shut up sometimes. really. you know f*** all.

We're brilliant.

the end, shut up. please. be quiet.

Afternoon Captain Hindsight.

Most people, myself and Gus included, thought we needed a proven striker to compete for an automatic spot, and as a result thought that playoff spot was realistic with our squad.

Murray and Barnes have done better as a pair (threesome if you include Wood) than most people expected, and we are all delighted that is the case - I'm not sure your pathetic post is particularly warranted.

EDIT: Just seen your second post on this thread, so your rant is slightly more understandable, although I stand by my point.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
sorry, I'm not one for hind sight threads and all that, but, I do get wound up by people who, to be honest, have no knowledge of professional football, scouting, etc etc. but INSISTED that we had to get a striker in....oooh, if we didn't Gus was a fool in the transfer market, what WAS he thinking

just checked all 4 professional leagues and we have the best goal difference of all.

just shut up sometimes. really. you know f*** all.

We're brilliant.

the end, shut up. please. be quiet.

Interesting take on things. Wasn't it Gus himself who was looking for a new forward, but was priced out of his targets?

Nice thread though all the same.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Murray is one of a number of players who have improved under Poyet`s coaching team but we were fortunate that he did not pick up an injury which kept him out of games, another goalscoring striker would have been a good investment.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Have we signed this 25 a season striker yet? I'm getting pissed off!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not only is Murray likely to get more than 20 goals he has also improved his allround play. His defending corners etc has improved dramatically as has his disciplinary record. Even his 'buying' free kicks has improved and every time he goes over it looks like we will get a kick rather than him a yellow for diving.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Barnes could have become a 25-goal-a-season striker by about mid-November if he'd taken even a reasonable percentage of the chances that were coming his way ...

Wayne Rooney's shots:goal ratio is 0.12, or 12% of his shots result in a goal. (source).

Barnes has scored 26 goals from 136 shots (source) a ratio of 0.19 (career, this season alone it's 0.23). or 19% of his shots result in a goal.

So, I ask: what is a reasonable percentage?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here