Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All those who didn't go - how do you feel now?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Remember your preferred excuse? Was it:-

1 I'm not paying Jordan Thirty Quid to visit that shithole.

2 The Met might be nasty to us - they were last time.

3 Three years ago we were held up for two whole HOURS.

4 Selhurst Park is a very, very long way away.

5 We might get beaten again.

You missed one of the best Albion supporting nights for years. How do you feel now? Still made the right decision?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I live in Manchester and Im far too important at my place of work to take a day off....

Well done lads, Yorkie was well funny when I phoned at F/Time...

:clap2: :lolol:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
resigned to it. That is life. Of course I don't feel the result the same as the 3,300 That went to the game and good luck to you, you did a great job supporting the team.

But there are other days and games. I am really looking forward to Hillsborough next Monday night.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
clapham_gull said:
so you got out ok ? what the atmosphere behind enemy lines ?

In my local, three miles from Selhurst, there was a small group of Palace top-wearers - pissed, and pissed off. Said they didn't want to discuss it. Another group of 8 drunks were doing the "If You All Hate Brighton" schtick. Then, I introduced myself as a Seagulls fan. They started up all those wonderful Boyfriend "jokes" and songs. Laugh? I could barely control myself. Oh yes, and there were some barely disguised threats too.

All in all, a most enjoyable evening's entertainment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gilliver's Travels said:
Remember your preferred excuse? Was it:-

1 I'm not paying Jordan Thirty Quid to visit that shithole.

2 The Met might be nasty to us - they were last time.

3 Three years ago we were held up for two whole HOURS.

4 Selhurst Park is a very, very long way away.

5 We might get beaten again.

You missed one of the best Albion supporting nights for years. How do you feel now? Still made the right decision?

I could not go, and I am not going to make excuses or get involved in any 'I'm a better fan than you crap'. Of course I wish I had been there, but I enjoyed it on teletext, and the £623 I picked up from Corals this morning is helping me get over my dissapointment.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I feel gutted I couldn't make it, but I am delirious that we won and it took me ages to get to sleep.

The reason I couldnt make it was purely financial as I am yet to start my job and have some severe debts from my uni days. I dont think I was missed, the rest of the fans did a good enough job!

Well done all. :clap2:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm feeling good about the result and, of course, disappointed that I couldn't go but, I have no money, the CC's maxed out and I just couldn't go- if someone had given me a free ticket, then I'd have gone.

I've been to pretty much every Brighton and Palace match since the mid-70s so I'd like to have seen a win...but on the other hand, I've just spent loads of money having the house done up so when we next win a home game, I'll be coming back to a more comfortable environment.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Gutted I didn't go, but I had work first thing this morning, and seeing as it takes 16 hours to get home, I didn't think I'd make it in time. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here