Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All this moaning

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You don't think and you might say I am being silly , but it wasn't anything to do with the blazing hot sun was it, by any chance?

No. What I presumed was aircon was actually pumping out roasting hot air. Strange. Ultimately I think most moans are meant to be constructive to bring issues to the clubs attention. I hope the club is actually taking notice of the recurring items and trying to sort them. Some acknowledgment by them would probably stop most of it to be honest.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well the plastic replaces the metal guard, both serve the purpose of people falling or losing their footing on the stairs falling over the edge and killing themselves in the West Stand Lower (which would give the moaners there something to have a go about) Stewards have been told not to lift the barrier until they are told to do so in this case until the busses have all left. I am sorry to hear about your mum’s problems and your slab though

This.

I also sit in 1901 next to the plastic guard, why don't you just lean forward.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I wonder how many of the moaners were regular attendees at Withdean. I find it hard to believe anyone who sat through games there could have complaints about the Amex.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I wonder how many of the moaners were regular attendees at Withdean. I find it hard to believe anyone who sat through games there could have complaints about the Amex.

Why? Just because Withdean was worse doesn't mean that everything is perfect at Falmer. On the same basis surely those who went to Gillingham couldn't possibly have complaints about Withdean...

There ARE a few things that could be improved at the Amex. Bigger signs so those coming from the station know where they're going would help. Ticket collection could be automated (like train tickets are) reducing queues. Transport will remain an issue for some time.

Yes, the stadium is the best we've ever had. The team is currently fantastic and the current board are doing their best for the club. This doesn't mean we shouldn't keep an eye on things to prevent disasters like we saw through the 90's. Other stuff is just raising the experience from 95% to 98%.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008

My brother has been a ST holder since he was 9 and is now 35. My mother has been a ST holder at Goldstone Gillingham Withdean and now the amex. She started going to Brighton matchs when she was a young girl and is now 62. My husband was at the Goldstone and we have both been ST holders since 2002/2003

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
It's a bit like finding Megan Fox naked in your bed, and then complaining that her nail polish is the wrong colour! :p

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Look, I haven't been to an evening game yet,.. but my experiences have been great,.... we left our WSU seats at final whistle, queued for train, got back to our car in Lancing at 18:30, drove 3 hours to North Somerset and I was still opening a bottle of Thatchers Old Rascal before 10pm... think yourselves lucky that you live within 5/10 miles of the ground..... only complaint I have is that the WSU concourse is like a sauna,... definitely needs a bit of air circulation put in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here