Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All this anti authority stuff

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is a rant BTW

Picture the scene......you are in a playground trying to control a group of about 30 kids. You tell someone to stop doing what he/she is doing and he/she argues the toss with you....the rest of the crowd join in and you feel intimidated into backing down....the rule of law is compromised by the rule of the "mob"

Now you have a plethora of "reality shows" in which members of the public or "celebs" are criticised by judges, who in turn are berated by members of the audience and or a presenter. The audience love it and the judges are made to look like fools.

You are a footballer playing for....( insert name of team...) you commit a foul and the referee awards a foul to the opposition. You chase after the ref and scream obsenties in his face, your team mates join in.......

Sometimes, I think our society is on the slippery slope to anarchy

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And another thing...

People who put stickers in their car window saying 'Pull back, child on board'.

As opposed to what, exactly? Obviously most drivers take to the road thinking 'there's a car with no kids in it, I think I'll just plough straight into the back of that one'.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
dave the gaffer said:
This is a rant BTW

Picture the scene......you are in a playground trying to control a group of about 30 kids. You tell someone to stop doing what he/she is doing and he/she argues the toss with you....the rest of the crowd join in and you feel intimidated into backing down....the rule of law is compromised by the rule of the "mob"

Now you have a plethora of "reality shows" in which members of the public or "celebs" are criticised by judges, who in turn are berated by members of the audience and or a presenter. The audience love it and the judges are made to look like fools.

You are a footballer playing for....( insert name of team...) you commit a foul and the referee awards a foul to the opposition. You chase after the ref and scream obsenties in his face, your team mates join in.......

Shut up.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I hate kids. Evil little bastards.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
oooooh told off by the opinionated right wing twat who " has got a masters"

my life is complete

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Other people with a 'Masters' from the same 'university' as looney:

Robbie from out of Eastenders
Prince Harry
Tim Nice But Dim

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Hah, Envy, how sad but predicatble from the bullshit barfing board monkey.

No doubt tomorrow you'll be posting a thread how Britain is becoming more authoritarian? Ya perpetualy stupid shit stick. If people want to read your hotpanted, hipswivelling Gayness they would pm you, got it Duncling?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
looney said:
Hah, Envy, how sad but predicatble from the bullshit barfing board monkey.

No doubt tomorrow you'll be posting a thread how Britain is becoming more authoritarian? Ya perpetualy stupid shit stick. If people want to read your hotpanted, hipswivelling Gayness they would pm you, got it Duncling?

you really are a bitter and twisted old facist aren't you......

i love you though...I think you ought to know

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Tooting Gull said:
And another thing...

People who put stickers in their car window saying 'Pull back, child on board'.

As opposed to what, exactly? Obviously most drivers take to the road thinking 'there's a car with no kids in it, I think I'll just plough straight into the back of that one'.

IMHO what a load of BOLLOX, 3,000 people lost thier lives last year being involved one way or another in a RTA, did the drivers set out that day looking to mame? No so a polite reminder to drivers who are up to close to back off works!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well you've obviously got one. So if you haven't completely missed the point, and I'm being generous, why only for kids?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
" You are a footballer playing for....( insert name of team...) you commit a foul and the referee awards a foul to the opposition. You chase after the ref and scream obsenties in his face, your team mates join in......."

are you talking about a team from manchester whose manager is a red nosed sweaty?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
This is a rant BTW

Sign of a mature society IMHO, questioning 'the rule of law' / Cartman-style 'Respect My AuthoritAY' stuff. Like yourself Dave, I'm old enough to have gone to Spain for me holidays as a nipper when it was under Franco's rule. Not a bit of grafitti anywhere, tits blacked out on page 3 of the three-day old copies of the imported Sun. Half a dozen different shades of police in the streets, all of the 'em with the arbitrary power to make your holiday, and indeed your life, a complete and utter misery. Spain's a damn sight more healthy as a country with the passing of the generals. Ditto Greece. Ditto the whole of Eastern Europe with the passing of Communist complete control. Ditto Iraq - IF IT HAD NOT BEEN ACHIEVED BY MEANS OF AN IMMORAL AND ILLEGAL INVASION OF A SOVEREIGN STATE.

Most people IMHO have an inbuilt sense of right and wrong Dave. People SHOULD question things. You never yelled at a referee? Taken offence at a steward? Or a traffic warden? Or a ticket inspector? Or any of the thousand other jobsworth types that are 'only doing their job'?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here