Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] All quiet on the Western Front

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
No. but I can tell you that the ship sinks in 'Titanic'!

Anyway, sorry. I guess I thought everybody, even if they hadn't seen one of the earlier versions, knew the story and knows how it ends as it is such a classic.
You can tag posts with a spoiler alert now btw. I don't know how

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You can tag posts with a spoiler alert now btw. I don't know how
Ooh can you. Yes that would have been better. Sorry again. (I'll have to try and find out how).

EDIT: Yes found it. On the toolbar, the three vertical dots ('More options') gives access to the code, underline and spoiler tags.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Ooh can you. Yes that would have been better. Sorry again. (I'll have to try and find out how).

EDIT: Yes found it. On the toolbar, the three vertical dots ('More options') gives access to the code, underline and spoiler tags.
Let me guess........

Everyone dies horribly.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I thought it was ok, nothing more. Even if you're new to the book/film it is a very predictable and obviously depressing and makes the length seem even more pointless. Sound is excellent though and well shot, just don't really understand the high praise

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
It was an excellent portrayal of how shit war is and the utter pointlessness of it all. As opposed to 1917 that kinda started like that but much like Saving Private Ryan, then went on a farcical adventure of heroism against all the odds, where the enemy were all blood thirsty nutjobs. It did however, fail to point out the main reason the German domestic situation in the closing weeks of the war had forced their hand - a mutiny in Kiel that led to a general strike, then revolution and the collapse of the army behind the lines, the abdication of the Kaiser (who sneaked off to Holland in the night) and the establishment of both Workers Councils and the Weimar Republic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here