Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] All Hail The Ignore User Option

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've not put anyone on ignore ever. There are folk that are annoying and folk I disagree with. But I don't want an echo chamber and we can all be civil.

I'm sure I must annoy some myself. Perhaps not to go the full 'ignore' but It's something I consider.

Scrolling past is an option just as good.

I can't put myself on ignore though. And trust me, if I can live with me 24/7 I can cope with NSC irritants.
I find it easier to scan and scroll past than see the 'you are ignoring this user' text. Curiosity often gets the better of me.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
I find it easier to scan and scroll past than see the 'you are ignoring this user' text. Curiosity often gets the better of me.
Do you find your curiosity getting the better of you often in life?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Not sure what benefit there is using the ignore a poster function,it would be very boring if everyone had the same opinion.
Even the trolls contribute towards a debate about something completely irrelevant to the Opening post.
Take the Jamie thread for instance, imagine if you can missing out on that nugget of humour and drama.
It's a incredibly diverse forum and even caters aplenty for the spell check pendant who's lives would be very bland without the odd mispronunciation of Aaron Conerley 😉.
Life's too short to ignore anything that has the capacity to make you smile now and then.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
It'd be a option best suited for certain minority who visit the local Wetherspoons and for those who get carried away on the curry nights !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has anyone told Harry.
???

1720511458166.png

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Not sure what benefit there is using the ignore a poster function,it would be very boring if everyone had the same opinion.
Even the trolls contribute towards a debate about something completely irrelevant to the Opening post.
Take the Jamie thread for instance, imagine if you can missing out on that nugget of humour and drama.
It's a incredibly diverse forum and even caters aplenty for the spell check pendant who's lives would be very bland without the odd mispronunciation of Aaron Conerley 😉.
Life's too short to ignore anything that has the capacity to make you smile now and then.
Very true, life's about characters whether you like them or not. Blandness is not an option for me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you unaware what happened to Jamie?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Wonderful stuff, I didn't realise you could ’ignore’ a User, thought it was only ‘threads’
So happy that I can start using NSC again, although most, if not all, the threads will be hard
to follow and comprehend as the ignored user dominates pretty much, everything that’s on here! 😩
After a recent England match I got fed up of reading the piffle on NSC and went to look at the BBC news website instead
and was aghast to find the same username popping up all over that too…….🙄
Afternoon drinking?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I don't have any users on ignore either. I just scroll past their posts. Occasionally I might read one, whilst my mind, for these users, recites the saying...

Better to have been thought a fool than to post on NSC and remove all doubt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here