Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All Hail Micky Adams - He's Helped Us Out!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
From today's Argus.

Micky Adams today revealed he had turned down a better offer from a third division club so that Trevor Benjamin could join the Albion on loan.

Mark McGhee told the Argus that Adams had "bent over backwards" to make the deal happen.

Adams said "Mansfield came in for Trevor on loan as well and we could have got more money off them but the persuasive tongue of Dick Knight persuaded me to help my old club out"

"On the financial side, I have done them a favour, that is what friends are for. It goes without saying I want Brighton to do well"

"We need to get Trevor out playing games. He's been at other clubs that havent really suited him but I know people will look after him and do the right things".

I would read into that Leicester are probably subsidising his wages. Well done Micky, I hope Leicester stay up - you are a true Albion legend! :clap2:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If true, well done MA.:clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
GUNTER said:
"the persuasive tongue of Dick Knight persuaded me to help my old club out"
Blimey, I didn't realise they were THAT close.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My initial reaction is 'brilliant', but what has he been like at other clubs?

Let's hope he can get out there and help with Leon to score a shit-load of goals.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Micky Adams will always have a bit of blue and white in him. He hasn't forgotten the club that helped elevate him to becoming the hottest young English mangerial prospect in the country. Great things are ahead for Micky, it's refreshing to see that he hasn't forgotten us.

Micky is a man of class. Not like that bag of shit Steve Coppout, who nobody likes, apart from disillusioned Palarse fans.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'll never forget him coming across to applaud the Brighton fans at the Crisp Bowl despite his own team just winning promotion.

He still loves us.

:clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Er, Micky aside, did anybody else notice that it said Leicester could have got more money from Mansfield than from us?

That's Mansfield Town, of the third division, folks, and they have more money to offer players than we do.

Oh dear....you just gotta laugh, haven't you?

:lolol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Cheers Micky you star!
Any chance of sending down Paul Brooker, Craig Hignett, Steve Howey, and Junior Lewis while you're at it ;)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
edna krabappel said:
Er, Micky aside, did anybody else notice that it said Leicester could have got more money from Mansfield than from us?

That's Mansfield Town, of the third division, folks, and they have more money to offer players than we do.

Oh dear....you just gotta laugh, haven't you?

:lolol:

I did notice but thought that I'd leave that to the likes of Ernest and FG. They'll jump on that soon enough.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Great stuff Micky, ohhhhh i could kiss you!

It is a bit worrying that teams like Mansfield can offer more money than us though but like Yorkie says, lets leave that to FG and co...

Lush

Mods' Pet
Although.... it is in MA's interest that Benjamin goes somewhere that he's happy, because then he can off-load him sooner and free up some cash at Leicester.

And there's probably more chance of that happening in a nice friendly just about solvent club in a fabulous part of the country and who are about to get a spanking new stadium than at ...er...third division Mansfield.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I love the quote

'He's been at other clubs that havent really suited him but I know people will look after him and do the right things.'

He obviously trusts us and it would seem that other clubs don't know how to get the best out of players. Micky knows that Bob Booker will treat him right.

It would also explain why he has scored at some clubs but not at others.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Cheers Micky!
:clap: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here