Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All Hail Dick Knight - He's Helped Adams Out!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Wilkins was sacked because he was not in control of the dressing room, Knight could see it and didn't want it carrying on in to a new season. Comments from the players, confirm exactly that. He was a good coach, but struggled with the management side of things. His contacts in the game weren't great and players were brought it over his head in January.
Yes it was dealt with badly, I was quite a fan of wilkins and was sorry to see him go. But he has gone, it was some months ago now, and we've got to move on. We've got some good new players, we will come good. Let's get behind the team.

Thing is thats what annoys me. Wilkins was a young INEXPERIENCED manager who was LEARNING his trade and Im sure would learn from his mistakes. Given TIME. The time we are now asking for Adams.

Well Im sorry.

Adams is EXPERIENCED and should know better with his velvet bag selection policy. At the moment I would have to say we looked like we were going places under Wilkins slowly. Adams is currently dismantling that RAPIDLY. I hope Im wrong but the last win being the 22/8 ans NO wins at home in 90 mins (Barnet JPT excluded) Im not hopeful at all.

Wilkins got Richards, Forster, G'OC, Savage, Whing, Bowditch, Westlake and others so I dont buy the contacts thing at all.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I liked Wilkins but i do feel he massivly over achieved. We can only speculate now but i dont think there was a hope in hell he would have matched or bettered his 7th place last season.

I have got a feeling we might be subject to a Tottenham curse now though. :nono:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Can you answer me this... If he was a perfect manager, why has no other club the width and length of this country not snapped him up?

And why was Adams scouting for nearly a year?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Can you answer me this... If he was a perfect manager, why has no other club the width and length of this country not snapped him up?

I said perfectly good, not perfect.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
f*** me, this drivel is getting really REALLY boring. Can't people move on?

Be pissed off, boycott the club, whatever, but for crying out loud, give it a rest, what's done is done now. It's far too early to tell whether this is a masterstroke or a massive mistake.

Let's be frank, there is absolutely no telling whatsoever that we wouldn't have been in this very position under Wilkins, so for Christs sake - LET IT GO!:mad:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Maybe like McGhee did, he's biding his time and recovering from the wound in his back and will return when he feels ready?

D

Deleted member 2719

Thing is thats what annoys me. Wilkins was a young INEXPERIENCED manager who was LEARNING his trade and Im sure would learn from his mistakes. Given TIME. The time we are now asking for Adams.

Well Im sorry.

Adams is EXPERIENCED and should know better with his velvet bag selection policy. At the moment I would have to say we looked like we were going places under Wilkins slowly. Adams is currently dismantling that RAPIDLY. I hope Im wrong but the last win being the 22/8 ans NO wins at home in 90 mins (Barnet JPT excluded) Im not hopeful at all.

Wilkins got Richards, Forster, G'OC, Savage, Whing, Bowditch, Westlake and others so I dont buy the contacts thing at all.

That's exactly how i see it.

I am glad to see we still have some supporters who can just see it was wrong and so wrong and it angers me every time i think about it.
Knight has pissed me right off how poor Wilkins must feel he must have been inconsolable it's surprising that he didn't choke dick on his glasses string!

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
Wilkins got Richards, Forster, G'OC, Savage, Whing, Bowditch, Westlake and others so I dont buy the contacts thing at all.[/QUOTE]

And apart from forster and richards that adams resigned they were shit !!

Bowditch always injured
westlake Always injured
Savage got to big for his boots
G'oc fell out with wilkins and the chairman

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
Hang on a moment in wilkins first season didnt we finish near bottum playing shocking football, second season a vast improvment to finish 7th granted. treated harshly possibly...good coach agreed, good manager we will never no...hardly been a queue of clubs lining up to take him as a manager plenty of clubs willing to take him as a coach....great youth coach, good coach questionable manager.....would i take adams as a manager over wilkins?.... every time yes.....did adams come in a say i will take u up this season, no he didn't, did he say his aim was to be in the championship within 3 years ? yes he did.....come on people lets have a bit of faith the guy deserves our support....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

Bowditch always injured
westlake Always injured
G'oc fell out with wilkins and the chairman[/QUOTE]

Eh, I am not sure that Westlake missed a game for us through injury. He did not play at Leeds, but that was due to the terms of his loan deal.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Bowditch always injured
westlake Always injured
G'oc fell out with wilkins and the chairman[/QUOTE]

Errr with the exception of Bowditch why did/does NSC go into MELTDOWN when these players didnt/dont sign permanantly.

And Im sure most people would agree a FULLY FIT Bowditch would have been an asset.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Wilkins was sacked because he was not in control of the dressing room, Knight could see it and didn't want it carrying on in to a new season. Comments from the players, confirm exactly that. He was a good coach, but struggled with the management side of things. His contacts in the game weren't great and players were brought it over his head in January.
Yes it was dealt with badly, I was quite a fan of wilkins and was sorry to see him go. But he has gone, it was some months ago now, and we've got to move on. We've got some good new players, we will come good. Let's get behind the team.

Is that the same comments from the players that were being released hart reid mcfaul :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here