Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All England club,Wimbledon.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
From Victoria,which is the best 'overground' station to book to and is it far to walk or best in a taxi and if so any idea of cost ? Thanks. :wave:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Clapham Junction is probably your best bet to get a train to the tennis at Wimbledon. Not sure what the nearest station is though. Sorry i couldn't be more help.

I love Gisela Dulko, the beautiful Argentine babe.:love:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I used to live next door to the All England Club and from what I remember, Wimbledon and Putney were the nearest overground stations, with Earlsfield also in there somewhere. Number 93 bus from Wimbledon or Putney to Wimbledon Common and walk.

Mind you, that was thirty years ago. :ohmy:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You havent made it clear if its for the tennis next month or not, if it is as above Victoria to Clapham Junction to Wimbledon and they run shuttle buses from station to All England Club ( at a cost but cant remember how much)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
whats wrong with the tube?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Asn aside point, as it too late to enter the ballot? I can't see an option to apply? I am on my phone though...

You havent made it clear if its for the tennis next month or not, if it is as above Victoria to Clapham Junction to Wimbledon and they run shuttle buses from station to All England Club ( at a cost but cant remember how much)

What he said. You can also get a tram from Croydon but you would have to do some research into that route as I did it just the once 3 years ago.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If your coming from Brighton I’d imagine the quickest way would be to get a direct train from brighton to East Croydon (about 35 mins) then get the tram from East Croydon to wimbledon (about 20 mins) then walk or bus it from Wimbledon station to Southfields (15 mins)?

Alternatively change at east Croydon and get a train to West Brompton then get the district line (the green one) to Southfields. Trains from East Cro to West B. take about 20 mins, this is also the quickest route to Stamford bridge and craven cottage for those who are interested.

Both routes avoid central London which is handy.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
If you go to Clapham Junction, the Wimbledon trains are usually on the other side of the platform where you get off and there's one every five minutes or so. With luck you can get off one and walk straight onto the other.

It's a fair walk from Wimbledon station, but the taxis do a sharing scheme - think it was £5 a head last time I did it, but that was two summers ago.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
What he said. You can also get a tram from Croydon but you would have to do some research into that route as I did it just the once 3 years ago.

This. Looks tram goes pretty much to the door of the All England Club.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Asn aside point, as it too late to enter the ballot? I can't see an option to apply? I am on my phone though...

You're too late, for NEXT year... Better luck for 2012 ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here