Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All Boxes now sold

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My only point to make is what if we ever creep down the league... you are tied in EVERY month and may not be able to get out - THERE IS NO GET OUT CLAUSE...

I started to post a question about this yesterday but then deleted it. I can understand the 'no get out' for the 5 year, but what about the 'for life' seats - are you committed either...

i) Forever and ever, or
ii) Until you can find someone to buy the seat from you.

What if someone falls upon very hard times - will the club pursue them? What happens when people die?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
So you think it's a disgrace that they've sold all of the boxes already, as they must've been too cheap, but brilliant that they've sold all of the platinum seats so quickly, which weren't too cheap at all?:rolleyes:

Dont remember using the word 'disgrace'! :wrong:
There are 14 boxes and they have now all gone but 22000 odd seatsto play with. They have sold the first tranche of platinum seats. I would have thought they can assess how quickly these have gone and adjust the prices of the next tranches accordingly. No?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Dont remember using the word 'disgrace'! :wrong:
There are 14 boxes and they have now all gone but 22000 odd seatsto play with. They have sold the first tranche of platinum seats. I would have thought they can assess how quickly these have gone and adjust the prices of the next tranches accordingly. No?

Think it would be a bit harsh if they put the prices up for the next lot! I should think all of the prices are now set.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I started to post a question about this yesterday but then deleted it. I can understand the 'no get out' for the 5 year, but what about the 'for life' seats - are you committed either...

i) Forever and ever, or

What if someone falls upon very hard times - will the club pursue them? What happens when people die?

The monthly payment is for matches, I'm sure I read that you don't have to take this up, you just have priority to the seat if you want.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Think it would be a bit harsh if they put the prices up for the next lot! I should think all of the prices are now set.

Absolutely. Likewise they can't put the prices down, thereby pissing off their best customers who got in first.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Anybody else revising their estimations upwards for the number of STHs first season at falmer after reading this thread? I was thinking we'd have about 11,000 but i reckon it could be like the first few seasons at withers... almost all seats sold as STs/platinum/gold members with just a few kept aside for matchday sales. hope so.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

But we havent been informed what the next packages from gold down to your basic season ticket will cost. Hopefully they are waiting to work out price relative to demand before announcing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anybody else revising their estimations upwards for the number of STHs first season at falmer after reading this thread? I was thinking we'd have about 11,000 but i reckon it could be like the first few seasons at withers... almost all seats sold as STs/platinum/gold members with just a few kept aside for matchday sales. hope so.

A lot depends on next season. I really can't see us having much more than 10,000 in League One.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

i) Forever and ever, or

Regardless of your membership (i.e. five year or life) the club lease the seat to you on a 5 year basis. So, you are tied in for 5 years at a time. But, you can take a year's holiday for every 5 year lease should you wish. The club will charge an admin fee for this though. I cannot remember the amount.

If you give up the seat you loose the membership as well. The two are tied in.

I did ask the question 'what if I just walked away from this.' 'We will pursue you' was the reply.

What if you fall on hard times, die etc. I guess it's your judgement call in the same way it would be for any loan or lease agreement.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Well I live in Leeds and I'm seriously considering taking up a Season Ticket. Mainly cos I believe that the first game will sell out, and I want to ensure that I can get to the first game. It might also spur me onto visit the folks more often, but for thoes games that I cant attend, I'll pass it on for my Dad or whoever to use.

So, I think we will see more STH. How many, well we get approx 4000 now, so I would guess another 2000.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
If we get anywhere near 10,000 STs in league one it will be a massive victory for the club.

how many STHs did reading have for their first season at the mad-stad? that was in league 1. also i think hull with the KC was league 1 when that opened.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
So, I think we will see more STH. How many, well we get approx 4000 now, so I would guess another 2000.

Personally I think a lot more than that.

Hopefully nearer 10/12k for the first season. After that depends on what league we're in.

There are an awful lot of lapsed Albion fans out there.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Really? Who's that then? Dick Knight worked in advertising.

Fair point, but I bet he had a reasonable grasp of marketing the two disciplines do work closely. My point really was that the marketing of Falmer was always going to be aggressive, and with the quality of the stadium it was always going to offer something pretty special. Just because we have a new chairman doesn't mean things have changed that much from how it would have been if he hadn't come along, apart from the financing of the whole thing of course.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Wayway more than that I reckon. I have a friend who doesn't even like football who says he's going to do his damnedest to get into it when we're at Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here