Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Everyone knows I meant flattered to deceive. Frankly, I could think of better ways to spend my Saturday evening then trying to flout how educated I am on the Internet. Or any other day when it comes to you.

Flout?

???

:facepalm:

:wink: :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes. You like to flout how educated you appear to be on the Internet. I hope you don't come across this patronising to your students.

tumblr_mt357uzZyE1rr883co1_400.gif

My students like me because I treat them like adults, and I don't tolerate carelessness or poor poofreading. :wink:

Oh, and FFS if you think I'm a bad guy, you presumably don't go out, at all, ever.

No offenses meant. Just having my usual bit of a laugh ??? :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I think to get £1 million for AJ is great business for the club. He'd of been one of our biggest earners, and apart from that goal, never done anything.

Obviously I’m not a Brighton fan but I’m seriously struggling to see how selling a player that cost you upwards of £17m for a million pounds could be described as “great business for the club”

Please explain to me why I’m wrong.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Obviously I’m not a Brighton fan but I’m seriously struggling to see how selling a player that cost you upwards of £17m for a million pounds could be described as “great business for the club”

AJ just wasn’t up to the Premier League as a regular starter. He must have been on c £50k per week. So a saving of £5m over two years of his remaining contract. Yes, a big loss compared with the amount spent, but gets him off the books, wages wise. Good for the player too as he needs regular game time.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea

Obviously you're not a Brighton fan? Oh is it?
Well re read my post and then you'll see how I've already answered your questions. It isn't just great business, it's absolutely fantastic business. I don't know who you support (why should I? Obviously this is a Brighton forum) , but let's say it's Palace - it's probably on par with a club offering you £2 million quid for Benteke, or better yet, £8 million for Zaha. The club should be applauded for getting this guy off the wage bill. Just the DJ to go.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Because sometimes you look at where you are and cut your losses.

Selling Alireza for an initial payment of £1 million gets us :

- £1 million
- Add on amounts
- A £2.5 million wage payment off this years and next years accounts.
- An obstacle removed from Reda Khadra's path into the squad.

It is multiple wins.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

It’s 2 bits of business.

1. Buying AJ for £17m on high wages was a bad bit of business. He simply isn’t a PL quality player.
2. Reaching a satisfactory outcome for club and player is a good bit of business as it is good to be seen to be helping players in their careers, whether up, down or sideways, however it doesn’t cancel out point 1.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Because sometimes you look at where you are and cut your losses.

Selling Alireza for an initial payment of £1 million gets us :

- £1 million
- Add on amounts
- A £2.5 million wage payment off this years and next years accounts.
- An obstacle removed from Reda Khadra's path into the squad.

It is multiple wins.

Fair enough.

(The thread on him joining you is one of my favourites on here, the flight tracking etc. was brilliant. :))

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

It's £1m more than Palace are getting from "Without Club" for £25m signing Mamadou Sakho...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's £1m more than Palace are getting from "Without Club" for £25m signing Mamadou Sakho...

This!

Palace running down a dozen contracts to get rid of overpaid wages and leaving themselves without a squad is a good example of bad business.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Scored twice in the first 34 minutes on his debut tonight in the Europa Conference League

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here