[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great finish that - some neat footwork too. Well done again Ali :clap2:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I really like the way he comes across in interviews, he's scored 3 very tidy goals, and it would be great to see him force his way into the side. I can see why he isn't a starter yet, but there's a lot to admire in the way he is fighting for his place.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I really like the way he comes across in interviews, he's scored 3 very tidy goals, and it would be great to see him force his way into the side. I can see why he isn't a starter yet, but there's a lot to admire in the way he is fighting for his place.

FOUR

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
He's Iranian
Ali's an Iranian
He's an Iranian near Whitehawk

:ascarf:

:goal:

Attachments

• 92a20f86-68c5-443b-b651-d0012813ca1f-SAS1Brd_07-11-2019_StandardTimes_1_B007__2019_07_10_IMG_Sti.jpg
    92a20f86-68c5-443b-b651-d0012813ca1f-SAS1Brd_07-11-2019_StandardTimes_1_B007__2019_07_10_IMG_Sti.jpg
    792.6 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
FFS - AliJ has amazing technique when striking a ball. Looks like (for the first time in two seasons) he’s really getting more confident in general play too. Is starting to look like an option to complement Maupay/Connolly/Trossard

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ali is becoming impossible to ignore for the Premier league all the while he's finishing like that.

It's also a great example to set ie, if you play well in the cups, that gets you time in the league

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] we should be charging an entrance fee. :lolol:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
FFS - AliJ has amazing technique when striking a ball. Looks like (for the first time in two seasons) he’s really getting more confident in general play too. Is starting to look like an option to complement Maupay/Connolly/Trossard

This.

Very confident and relaxed on the field.

Will play a big part this season.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

Hey [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] we should be charging an entrance fee. :lolol:

Get over yourself buddy. You were not the only one backing AJ. Not even close.

I know I’ve had more then a few arguments with some here defending the guy.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well as I’ve said a few times on this thread, there has to be more to this story that will one day come out.

Has been a good pro, displayed excellent character, never once threw his toys out the pram. He played excellent games in his comeback this season, scored our best ever goal in this league and you expected him to kick on. But never got a look in the side since.

Would be fair enough if he was being kept out by players on a great run, but we had a poor run of performances from Gross, Mooy, Propper and even Solly.

Seems crazy to me that AJ couldn’t even make the bench ahead of those guys. Wish him all the best, he deserves better.

Ahem. Back in July.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m with you, I think AJ has been very unlucky, he’s been mishandled since he joined the club.

Let’s review.

- He looked good in the World Cup. Top scorer in Holland.

- Signs for us. Joins a backs to the wall Hughtons team playing all out defence most games. Hard to shine. No player did really apart from Duffy and Dunk.

- Hardly gets a look in for the first few months when GP comes in.

- Finally get his chance. Scores 2 great goals, one of which is a true worldie, and to date, possibly the best PL goal we’ve ever scored.

- Then hardly gets a look in. And post lock down can’t even make it to the bench.

Please someone explain what I’m missing here. Unless he’s a complete dick in training, it feels we’re missing information. Because he also seems like a terrific pro and great guy.

And again earlier in the year whilst most here were trying to bin him off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just scouring the thread for evidence of my unswerving Ali J support and....yeah, crikey, that [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] don't half go on a bit???

:lolol: :thumbsup: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here