Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alexis Nicolas

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
You can be as bitter and delusional as you want, but I think it is fair to say that we could do with Nicolas in the centre of midfield this year. He was a decent, young player and although he played the simple ball quite often, there are many great players who do that (Momo Sissoko, anyone???) . Just because we (McGhee) got rid of him, it doesn't mean he couldn't do a job for us anymore.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Woody the Seagull said:
You can be as bitter and delusional as you want, but I think it is fair to say that we could do with Nicolas in the centre of midfield this year. He was a decent, young player and although he played the simple ball quite often, there are many great players who do that (Momo Sissoko, anyone???) . Just because we (McGhee) got rid of him, it doesn't mean he couldn't do a job for us anymore.

I think the fact he couldn't do a job for Bradford and Rotherham aswell makes me think we made the right decision. Especially cosidering the best club he has got is the might of St Albans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Woody the Seagull said:
although he played the simple ball quite often, there are many great players who do that (Momo Sissoko, anyone???) .

Just as there are good and bad players who play in a similar style in any position.

Momo Sissoko, to use your example, is a hard tackling ball-winning midfielder, with pace and strength, who has amazing energy levels.

Alexis Nicolas plays for St.Albans.

Last edited:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
hans kraay fan club said:
Just as there are good and bad players who play in a similar style in any position.

Momo Sissoko, to use your example, is a hard tackling ball-winning midfielder, with pace and strength, who has amazing energy levels.

Alexis Nicolas plays for St.Albans.

I'm not saying that Alexis Nicolas is Momo Sissoko, I'm saying that playing the simple ball is not necessarily a negative thing. He was a good player who could have done a job for us this season. I don't care if Bradford and Barnet rejected him, this was maybe due to the fact that having featured a couple of times in a whole season, he looked decidedly rusty??? I cannot believe a fully-fit Alexis Nicolas would be rejected by most clubs in League 1. Hell, I would think even some Championship clubs would like him:smokin:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Woody the Seagull said:
I'm not saying that Alexis Nicolas is Momo Sissoko, I'm saying that playing the simple ball is not necessarily a negative thing. He was a good player who could have done a job for us this season. I don't care if Bradford and Barnet rejected him, this was maybe due to the fact that having featured a couple of times in a whole season, he looked decidedly rusty??? I cannot believe a fully-fit Alexis Nicolas would be rejected by most clubs in League 1. Hell, I would think even some Championship clubs would like him:smokin:

And you say we are delusional. To be honest I think he could have done a job for a bottom half league 1 club or top of league 2 team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dean White and Dean Wilkins have watched him in training and in matches for the past couple of years. Do you not think that in our present situation, and him not being with a club, that they wouldnt have considered him and made him an offer to come back if they thought he could do the job. He would be a cheap option as he hardly has a lot of barganing power.

caz

Aug 10, 2005
DAMANCLAY said:
I think the fact he couldn't do a job for Bradford and Rotherham aswell makes me think we made the right decision. Especially cosidering the best club he has got is the might of St Albans.

If you read Rotherham's fans chat, they all liked him, but the manager already had two players signing which were already lined up, also Bradford are still interested in him but the manager said that he was not match fit. That's why he has agreed to play for St Albans on a week to week.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
DAMANCLAY said:
And you say we are delusional. To be honest I think he could have done a job for a bottom half league 1 club or top of league 2 team.

I obviously have a higher opinion of the player than some of the others on here, but the bottom line is I think he could have been a very useful player for us this season. You don't suddenly become a bad player overnight and Nicolas is not a bad player.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
caz said:
If you read Rotherham's fans chat, they all liked him, but the manager already had two players signing which were already lined up, also Bradford are still interested in him but the manager said that he was not match fit. That's why he has agreed to play for St Albans on a week to week.

We shall see. Though if Bradford were intrested in him and it was only because he wasn't match fit dont you think they would have kept him on a week to week contract therefore stopping other teams snapping him up?

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
BUTTERBALL said:
If he shines, he will be back in the league before long. It's incredible he cannot find a higher ranked club.

Its not incrediable at all!! He is/was shit. Everytime he played for the Albion he was crap. Name one quality game he had where he looked real class!!

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
Amusing he has found his level. He wasnt good enough for league football, and i never thought he should have played for us. He couldnt read the game, couldnt pass any better than i could, couldnt tackle, wasnt strong enough, skillful enough, quick enough etc etc etc Also shit in the air. In short he had no assets that made him look a league footballer. He was disappointing in everything he did.

At least he was consistent though. Consistently poor. Maybe thats why some people rated him, because his performance was always of a low, dull level and he never had peaks it was easier for him to remain anonymous. If he hadnt been ex-chelsea we'd never have signed him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here