Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alexis Nicolas

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Surely a player who is on the fringe of Chelseas superstar first team wouldnt be a permanent signing for us? Total result if true, though you have to worry why he even needs a trial?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Maybe he is trialing us rather than we are trialing him! probably wants to see what he is letting himself in for before he commits to anything long term.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
remember seeing him play for chelsea last season against scarboro (i think) sounds promising and attack minded midfielders is just wat we need.cant belive he'd be anything more than a loan player though

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
i went to see a chelsea game a couple of season ago were he came on as a sub and he seem to settle in very well and looked very useful, wood be a really good signing for us

Last edited:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
mate is a season ticket holder,and they rate him at chelsea and dont want him to go,he says its a done deal year loan he beleives

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Don't understand why he didn't play at all last night. He's a Chelsea squad player and, without knowing anything else about him, you'd think he could be great for us this season.

I'd have thought Mcghee would have wanted to see as much as possible from him against league opposition in the friendlies. He knows what Charlie can do and I reckon it would have been better to have played Nicolas for most of the match.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I would hope that Nicolas will get a full 90 minutes against Cambridge, what's the point in having him on trial if we aren't going to give him a chance to play?

:dunce:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This would be a brilliant siging. A young, attack minded player who has played with world class players. Could become the driving force of the midfield.

It's good to see McGhee concentrating on attack minded players like Nicolas and Jarrett. He is clearly confident with the defence (and rightly so) and trialling players of the calibre of Nicolas is a great step forward for the side.

I am bloody excited.

Well, I can understand the logic of not bunging all the triallists on at once in one particular game - you can judge them better I feel if they are playing alongside what is the Albion's current strongest available line-up.

Putting Jarrett, Nicolas and Currie together with a half-fit Reid as our midfield on Monday created an incoherent mess with none of these players familiar with each other - I'm not sure it put the triallists in the best light, certainly not Nicolas, and it would have been difficult for McGhee to judge how well they might slot into our first team.

I think Southend was all about McGhee looking at Kerekes and seeing if he has got what it takes, the rest of the team was probably very close to the Reading starting team. It looks at though McGhee is happy with the big Serb, apparently according to Naylor's interview he is putting the ball in the net in training :D

Saturday at Cambridge the focus will probably be on the other triallists.

Last edited:

Gully's trainer

Jul 28, 2004
Haywards Heath
It would be a loan move originally probably with a view to a permanent move if it all works out. However, MM has to work out whether we is as good as / better than his current central midfielders i.e. Chippy, Oatway, Reid, Lee(!), Hammond, Harding etc.. Also Chelsea will have to be convinced he's surplus to requirements at the Bridge.... IMHO if he's got bags of energy and good distribution he sounds promising.

isabellas father

Jul 25, 2003
Shepherds bush
Any update on this guy? Are we signing him? Will he play at Lewes? Would it be permanent or trial? I understand Cheski will let him go , so in line with MMs current policy of three year contracts for young players who can grow together, why not permanent.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
isabellas father said:
Any update on this guy? Are we signing him? Will he play at Lewes? Would it be permanent or trial? I understand Cheski will let him go , so in line with MMs current policy of three year contracts for young players who can grow together, why not permanent.

According to official site, Nicolas and Currie are having their trials extended by another week

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Maybe McGhee doesn't want to highlight the fact that this guy is available-keep him away from the likes of Coppout, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here