Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alexis Bertin - class signing

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Wilkins salutes honest Bertin

Albion manager Dean Wilkins has saluted French debutant Alexis Bertin - for being man enough to say sorry.

The former Le Havre midfielder marred an encouraging first start for the Seagulls by losing possession to launch Jo Kuffour's first-half winner for Brentford.

Wilkins said: "He was very apologetic because he felt he cost us when he gave the ball away. I like that from a player, somebody who straight away acknowledges that he has messed up rather than you having to bring it to their attention.

"I think it takes a man to do that and I think generally he looks a good player. I would imagine it is a rare occurence for him to lose the ball in the middle of the field because I think his technique is good."

Wilkins is refusing to panic and has called for unity as Albion try to halt their slide at Leyton Orient tomorrow night.

He said of the Seagulls' relegation plight: "I am not even thinking of that situation, I am thinking of what we have got to do to win the next game. As long as we are focusing on that I think it will look after itself.

"It's a test for everybody but I trust my judgement and the information I am giving the players. We have all got to come together and make sure we put it right."

10:54am today

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
I'd have prefered if he didnt mess up in the first place.

But good on him to apologise like that. Good honest hard-working bloke by the looks of it, who can hopefully start to put in some good performances. :clap:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've said it before, I think he will turn out to be by far the most useful of our deadline-day acquisitions.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Frutos said:
I've said it before, I think he will turn out to be by far the most useful of our deadline-day acquisitions.

Agree. Very impressive first half on Sat (apart from that one incident), but faded in the second.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Ward wasn't that bad on Saturday for about the first half hour or so, then he faded out somewhat...would have been a lot better if he had trapped then passed to ball on the 6 or 7 occasions that he tried deft flicks to our forwards...the position we are in at the moment we need no frills up and at em football.

Jimbo26

Jan 25, 2007
Portslade Old Village
Bertin was okay, nothing great. Ward wears an alice band (enough said). Give Savage a couple more games before we tear into him !. We looked more like scoring when he was on the pitch.

Dean Saunders still looks match fit !. Is Mike Small still around ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here