Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexander Bah - right back

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
The term "herd" is commonly used to refer to a group of sheep. Other collective nouns for sheep include "flock" and "drove," but "herd" is perfectly acceptable.
Indeed. Hence the word shepherd.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The term "herd" is commonly used to refer to a group of sheep. Other collective nouns for sheep include "flock" and "drove," but "herd" is perfectly acceptable.
Never heard the term herd for sheep. And I lived on a farm for years. A herd is generally large animals like cattle that are spread out over a larger area. Flock is used for smaller livestock that stay close together, just like sheep!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Never heard the term herd for sheep. And I lived on a farm for years. A herd is generally large animals like cattle that are spread out over a larger area. Flock is used for smaller livestock that stay close together, just like sheep!
I grew up bottle feeding lambs as my dad had a small flock as a hobby (still does).
While flock is 100% more common, herd is still correct :)

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
That could equally be derived from herd as a verb - a sheep herder
And what is herder aside from managing/gathering a herd? (of sheep in this case)

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
And what is herder aside from managing/gathering a herd? (of sheep in this case)
I could herd my children into the back of my car and that wouldn't make herd a collective noun for kids

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I grew up bottle feeding lambs as my dad had a small flock as a hobby (still does).
While flock is 100% more common, herd is still correct :)
Drove, flock, mob or band are the only terms I’ve heard. But hey ho.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I could herd my children into the back of my car and that wouldn't make herd a collective noun for kids
The verb herd originates from the same German as the noun does.

As for Alexander, none of this shit will make any sense. Sheep in England say "bah", in Sweden they say "bää", in Denmark they apparently say "Mæææææh".

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

As for Alexander, none of this shit will make any sense. Sheep in England say "bah", in Sweden they say "bää", in Denmark they apparently say "Mæææææh".
In Wales, they say "give it a rest Gareth, your wife's getting suspicious"

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Genuinely hope that we can get this one over the line.

Have to say I’m impressed with the club’s recruitment over this window.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

In Wales its Mmmmmmm.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here